VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Needed

Rate this question

Po'Boy

Question

Greetings all. I am a neophyte to all this and even have a rep from the Dept of. Vet Affairs here in Maryland help with the paperwork. I was sent for a C&P exam about a month ago and both my long-term treating psychiatrist and the C&P examiner said I was "100% and permanent" and have heard nothing since. I also had a letter stating I was unemployable....the whole nine yards-all form my treating doc. (It was his suggestion I ask for 100%). I didnt realize there was another step in this process-something called a "rating board" or something. Anyway, who would disagree with both doctors? (rhetorical) I would like to know from any others what kind of wait for any kind of answer I can expect. I would also like to know how to track who has my paperwork-I have read way too many horror stories online about paperwork being shredded or "lost". I dont get out much and will be watching this closely for responses. Any and all will be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Greetings all. I am a neophyte to all this and even have a rep from the Dept of. Vet Affairs here in Maryland help with the paperwork. I was sent for a C&P exam about a month ago and both my long-term treating psychiatrist and the C&P examiner said I was "100% and permanent" and have heard nothing since. I also had a letter stating I was unemployable....the whole nine yards-all form my treating doc. (It was his suggestion I ask for 100%). I didnt realize there was another step in this process-something called a "rating board" or something. Anyway, who would disagree with both doctors? (rhetorical) I would like to know from any others what kind of wait for any kind of answer I can expect. I would also like to know how to track who has my paperwork-I have read way too many horror stories online about paperwork being shredded or "lost". I dont get out much and will be watching this closely for responses. Any and all will be greatly appreciated.

Since you have had a C&P, then your claim is in the works, and at the 'rater'. How long it will take to be rated is anybody's guess. However, it seems that the more complicated claims are often longer at the rater than more simple claims. That being said, one must remember that there is a million claims backlog currently in the VA system. So that is why I say that how long your claim will be at the rater is anybody's guess. There is no way to track who has your paperwork, that I know of, so you should always keep copies of everything that is submitted. That way, if a decision is made, and crucial evidence is missing, it can be resubmitted in a Notice of Disagreement (NOD).

I hope others chime in here.

I found that IRIS was the best way to track my claim. It gives much more information than the 800 number. Plus, once you send the first email and get a reply, you can just hit "reply" to ask your other questions. Good luck.

I found that IRIS was the best way to track my claim. It gives much more information than the 800 number. Plus, once you send the first email and get a reply, you can just hit "reply" to ask your other questions. Good luck.