Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That's great that you finally had your C & P! I have been wondering about you! The down side is the Doc's have like 30 days to submit it. But hopefully in your case it will be done asap. Also you can request from your VA what the C&P said once it is posted so you can see for yourself what they sent in. I doubt that it will take till Dec to get approved. Mine finally got sent to the raters at the end of august. now just waiting on them to decide....

From what I heard the lady that helped me file doesn't think it'll be done before December. I'll never let my claim go until approved.

Would my ptsd doctor have access to my C&P results?

I been beating myself up on some of the things I forgot to say during my C&P. Nothing major but still gets to me. My biggest fear is if the VA will service connect it since I never reported MST until last year when my wife forced me to talk to a social worker at the VA. Maybe they will since my congressman's office is staying on top of my claim. I'm rather sure if I hadn't got them involved I'd be filing a NOD by now.

If it does get approved by Dec then it'll def help when my son is born. Having the financial stress lifted would be a blessing. Even though no one is admitting or saying sorry for what was done to me I can still take it as being validated I think.

Kind of a weird day. I have my weekly ptsd appointment today and I am having that butterfly/stomach pain thinking about it. That little voice in my head is coming back saying, "I need to get out and do stuff again." Just isn't loud enough yet I guess.

Hey 11 - sorry, I have been meaning to keep up with you but things have been falling apart around me here....any ways...here is what i know about your situation since i am in the same boat....Yes your doc should have access to your C&P results as long as your C&P submitted them and they are in the system - they have 30 days to input them or send them in to the VA if they are contracted out to the VA. Anything you say to your doc after the C&P that you forgot to say to your doc goes into thier reports from your appointments. along with all of their ratings like their own GAF scores on you, your appearance, your mannorisms ect. my biggest fear is the same as your biggest fear with the reporting issue. As for the raters. That's great that it's finally there! mine has been at the raters since 8/22...shouldn't be long now :) you aren't alone!