Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Your story and mine run parallel lines. they are so much the same. I filed a claim back in Dec 10. I had my C&P for PTSD done in April. it was the most uncomfortable thing i have have ever done. That doc wrote everything down. I called the VA today again and my claim is still in developmental phase. My doc said they shrink that did my C&P - whom I was scared to see his report- said the same thing that she has been saying to me for the last 3 years. yes, you have PTSD. yes, it is getting worse. He rated me at a global number of 45 and said i was severely impaired. I go to my weekly meetings with my doc, try and function at work and go home and hang out with my daughter. I am training my dog to be a service dog for PTSD through a local Veterans group here and that helps me gain some ground and pass the time.

Well the tards at the VSO have sent my claim back to development and I will be getting a C&P in the near future I hope. According to a letter from my congressman the VSO is going to send me for a C&P so I guess that means it will def happen. I just hope I get to have the C&P with the lady at the PTSD building who does C&P exams. She is a real nice lady. Other than that two middle fingers for the VSO.

The thing that reallysucks about my situation is I fell like my brain has been reprogrammed. My last job I couldn't function because every time someone told me to do something I went into that mind set that I was being forced or some other stuff. I just can't work with people anymore. Its like I know I'm not going to be sexually assaulted but all those emotions comes back and I have just have to quit. Make it to the car and sit there crying and try t compose myself.

i know exactly how you feel. i am pretty sure i am about to get fired from my job now due to poor preformance or something of the sort because of the meds, panic attacks, and the other PTSD stuff. I am waiting for a call from HR to see what they are going to do. I freak out when groups of men come around. I yell at other employees. I forget things because of stress and meds. I get written up because of forgetting things due to the meds and PTSD. I can't consentrate and get confused easily. I see my therapist every week and everything is documented but I am not sure what they are going to do with me. I feel like my brain has been reprogrammed too. I feel like i can't grasp things quite as fast and half the time things feel like a dream. I freak out if people stare at me. especially if a man says something provocative to me or remotely flurtatious. my thing was when my first incident happended i went and reported it and the military police looked at me and said "well what do you want me to do...go and take blood samples off the carpet?" and laughed. pretty much nothing was done about it. i never reported anything that was done to me after that. I was too scared to.

The thing that reallysucks about my situation is I fell like my brain has been reprogrammed. My last job I couldn't function because every time someone told me to do something I went into that mind set that I was being forced or some other stuff. I just can't work with people anymore. Its like I know I'm not going to be sexually assaulted but all those emotions comes back and I have just have to quit. Make it to the car and sit there crying and try t compose myself.

Well I got some good news today. The EST of my SSDI claim being finished has decreased by 15 days and I was given a link to see the requirements for ptsd SSDI claims. Criteria A requires 2 yeses, and B 2 yeses or C as yes. Well Out of 10 for A I meet 9 of them, B all of them, and also C. Makes me kind of sad that I have so many yeses but at lease it should mean I get approved which will help my wife and I a lot.

LOL, although I have no idea what any of that means, I just want to mention the best of luck for you and the wife!

LOL, although I have no idea what any of that means, I just want to mention the best of luck for you and the wife!

Thank you lol. I guess it is like a HS student needing a 60% for a D- but I hold like an 95% A.

Something I found odd is one of the things we got mentioned to us is the PIP program for fixed utility bill rates. I thought it was silly in our case because I don't plan on not working ever again and when you get off PIP you have this huge bill that you built up. My cousin was on PIP because her husband left her with two kids when she was 22. After a few years she got her degree in office management? Then landed a decent job here making 27k a year. Got off PIP and then got a bill for all those years from some sort of escrow account of the portion of each bill that you didn't have to pay for while on PIP. <<< To me its like being a veteran. Its all good while you're marching to the beat of Sam's drums but when you get out it is like a kick to the teeth.