Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guys this stuff happened to me just today.I went to see if my claim had been rated &decided upon and after 7 months of sitting idle in the decision phase it seemingly randomly jumped back to the development phase! I've had my IU claim in since October '10, and it's been in the decision phase since approximately March '11 this year. Today, during my daily self humoring check of my ebenefits claims status page I was shocked to see a change, especially a backward one. I did some calling around & visiting the county va office here in Abilene & was able to come to the conclusion that it did in fact get to the rater finally. Although, the rater apparently (according to the claims rep on the 800-827-1000 #) deemed it necessary to send it back to development for further evidence acquisition.

Further evidence??? WTH??? After 9 months and stacks of paperwork, multiple psych evals (C&Ps) and folders and folders full of every therapy session under the sun they need what other evidence? and if the adjudicator thought it was ready to send to the rating board in the first place why did the rater not think so? Do they not evaluate by the same standard. It's only a matter of time before a veteran snaps and acts upon his/her frustrations with this administrative side of the house.

Yeah, it is a bunch of BS. especially when you call them right after it goes to the decision phase and tell them, "I never got a C&P exam...." 6+ months later oh wait. Our bad. You may need a C&P exam. WTF! Pretty f***ing nice you get to sit on your lazy a**es and make all these mistake and still get paid while the people who you're working for are getting Fed over again and again.... *%&#............. Why can't the VA be like SSDI? When they get a claim and the person in charge of your claim with them will actually put you in for doctor exams for conditions you haven't claimed be they see something in your file and are proactive about it. <<< This coming from family experience with my half brother. He was going through SSDI for having his lower back messed up from a car wreck and guess what? SSDI looked at his paperwork and could tell he was probably "slow" and had anxiety. They did the right thing and got him into a mental health doctor and he got granted SSDI from a condition he didn't even claim! WHY can't the VA do this!!! AND people wonder why Americans would turn into a suicide bomber or serial killer and kill other Americans... Even the most sound sane person would become insane from the VA's BS!

I wish someone would put together groups of protesters to go protest at the regional offices. I know I couldn't put something together like that and not turn it into a violent mob hell bent on putting the fear of god in the RO's employees. Nothing would please me more than seeing one ofthose smug b@stard RO workers tied to a chair and tortured. I'd send a clear message tothem A-holes. 110% effort for each veteran or quit! I'm so tired of hearing, "well there are too many claims." Too many! Fire the worthless scumbags that just put in theminimal effort and hire more RO workers.... Oh no. That is to simple. Lets pit the veterans from different eras against each other and blame everything else.

Seriously. How can you tell a veteran who's claim has been at the raters for over 7 months that the average time is 26 days and make it sound so mundane?!!!!?!?!?! I'm not in the F***ing military anymore. So why does it feel like we have just as litttle rights as a service member? The people have the power to change things. I say rain hell down on the government and force change now. Republicans vs Democrats... Fighting and whining over baby sets to put America "back on the road to recovery." A few years to late if you ask me. You know what. I blame all the ordinary people. They just take it as it comes and as long as they have a roof, car, food, and can party every weekend they are happy. About time for civil war baby!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Q8rcUD5Ds

• HadIt.com Elder

My veterans lawyer also does SSDI claims. He said looking at a SSDI claim file and then looking at a VA C-File was a shock. The SSDI file is in perfect order. The VA file is a mess with stuff out of chronological order and half of it duplications. I got a decision from SSDI in three months from the time I applied. After I retired on disability it took 18 months to get TDIU even after I was rated at 70% and had SSDI. It is the fault of congress because they have underfunded the VA for 40 years. You have a right to be mad at the VA, but don't hurt your cause by getting nasty with them. Blow off steam here which is OK.

11-Charlie,

I could swear you were reading my mind when you did your most recent reply. You & me both man. If I went up to my RO I'd be on every watch list this government makes up and has to offer (already am on homeleand security for forgetting to take my fighting knife out of my assault pack before flying out of nashville when i was stationed at campbell. HA!) Red tape this, red tape that. CRAP!!!!!! You & I & every other veteran knows full well what being fed a line of crap sounds like. Afterall, we all spent years in the service being led by men ahead of us who were just letting the crap covered snowball roll on down the hill when they'd tell us we had to do this or that because of whatever. I've got a good question -- I know protesting isn't unlawful obviously, but is walking into these ROs & demanding an answer from these "upstanding", "productive" government workers a violation of any law or rule? Nothing would excite me more than to see or hear of a massive wave of disenchanted veterans marching on the steps of a regional office or VA headquarters in Washington and refusing to move until actual legitimate dialogue (& I don't mean the fake trash they feed us screwed with veterans on these pitiful 800 #s) and answers are given. I imagine a few arrests would be made, but points sure would be made too and the public would start becoming more and more aware of the crap we all deal with on a daily basis from this organization that purportedly "sufficiently" provides for us. Maybe, just MAYBE this kind of thing ought to be done on a regular basis until they get the friggin point. Food for thought.

I wish I could afford to go to the RO everyday of the week. I'd be there holding a sign. The people have the power. Most have just forgotten it. Maybe standing outside of our city halls would work. There is no place in my home for the government's "hand". Until they retract their forced hand and see us veterans as equals to those on SSDI who never served I will not be happy. I know many would say violence isn't the answer; however, I do believe to kill a tyrant you must become one yourself. I would be as bold to say the RO/VA processes reflect that of a tyrant. NO MORE DOUBLE STANDARDS!

• HadIt.com Elder

Your best bet is to hire a VA lawyer. Unless the government decides to cut VA compensation by 50% nobody will protest in front of the VARO. I have talked to local VSO's about this and they were ready to faint. You would think I had asked them to be a suicide bomber. I was just telling them we could just carry signs with information so the public would notice we are not happy with our VARO. No dice! They were scared to death.