Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Since I have all the evidence to prove my SCed asthma is actually anxiety should I go ahead and file for that? I was told by a friend of the family that I should open the claim and send in va records showing that my asthma is actually anxiety. She said that doing it now would be like a backup plan for when the va denies my ptsd claim. She thinks that the va is going to just deny my claim since I didn't get a C&P for ptsd. I already have a years worth of va records for treatment of anxiety and the diagnoses. So should I file for anxiety now or wait?

Since I have all the evidence to prove my SCed asthma is actually anxiety should I go ahead and file for that? I was told by a friend of the family that I should open the claim and send in va records showing that my asthma is actually anxiety. She said that doing it now would be like a backup plan for when the va denies my ptsd claim. She thinks that the va is going to just deny my claim since I didn't get a C&P for ptsd. I already have a years worth of va records for treatment of anxiety and the diagnoses. So should I file for anxiety now or wait?

11cvolley,

I sure would like to see some other opinions on this issue

as I have posted before that I feel this would be a huge mistake on your part,

but you feel ethically obligated to relinquish this SC for asthma at 30 %.

To me it's about like pointing a weapon down at your foot

and blowing off a couple of toes - big mistake.

JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

11C

Don't do anything. Just wait until you get a rating? Don't mess with the asthma rating. We really don't know what is going to happen with your PTSD claim yet. Just sit tight.

I hope I get a SCed rating but with the VA idk. After some recent events (last week) I changed my perspective on the asthma rating. The va can kiss my junk and I plan on keeping the asthma rating.

After some recent events (last week) I changed my perspective on the asthma rating.

The va can kiss my junk and I plan on keeping the asthma rating.

11cvolley,

YESSSSSSSSSSSS !

Best thing I've read all week !

11cvolley,

YESSSSSSSSSSSS !

Best thing I've read all week !

lol that is good.

I'm sure I'll be holding just 30% for asthma for another year. The VA is most likely going to pull the usual government BS. Hurry up, wait, and disappoint.