Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Called the 800# today and asked the lady to look through any notes that might have been put on my claim. She said that a noted stated that there is enough evidence to proceed. She then stated that I probably don't need a C&P with all my treatment records, c-file, and whatever else they have. "Enough evidence to proceed" sounds to good to be true. So I set up an appointment for Tuesday with my VSO to see if she can find more out.

Something I forgot to mention is when I was rated 30% for asthma I was also rated at 0% for atypical chest pain.

For keeping the 30% for asthma I see your point; however, morally I will ask for that rating to be removed when I am properly rated for the correct condition(s). I know that may sound naive but I only want what is just. I'd more than happy to keep the 30% if they change the name of it to a condition caused by anxiety.

11cvolley,

Good luck to you.

Hopefully you don't turn out to be another vet, that the VBA "morally" screws.

Believe me, if there wasn't ample medical evidence there - you would not have been granted

the 30 % to begin with.

There are claims granted at the BVA level for asthma secondary to PTSD - so you're just giving away

something that's not easy to get.

Also, don't put any stock into what the 800 number tells you - it's just a call center and

they can not provide much accurate information.

JMHO

11cvolley,

Good luck to you.

Hopefully you don't turn out to be another vet, that the VBA "morally" screws.

Believe me, if there wasn't ample medical evidence there - you would not have been granted

the 30 % to begin with.

There are claims granted at the BVA level for asthma secondary to PTSD - so you're just giving away

something that's not easy to get.

Also, don't put any stock into what the 800 number tells you - it's just a call center and

they can not provide much accurate information.

JMHO

Thank you. I guess it is still hard for me to accept I need their help after everything. I always feel like I don't deserve anything, or that its my fault im in this situation.

"I guess it is still hard for me to accept I need their help after everything. I always feel like I don't deserve anything, or that its my fault im in this situation. "

I think many vets feel that way but you deserve the highest rating for any SC disability that you can get. And certainly nothing here is your fault.

You got very good advice here.

I am confused however-no C & P for asthma (how soon was the 30 % award?) but have you been set for a PTSD C& P exam?

Have you received a VCAA yet letter on the PTSD claim?

idk what vcaa is

30% asthma was done through pebs i think and no c&p from the va for it.

No ptsd exam. Claim is at rating board so it could go back a step for a c&p. I really don't know what is going on.