Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Well, maybe things are going to just proceed and you will get your rating. I don't know exactly what else you can do now. Maybe just wait and see. The VA might send you for a C&P exam. How strong was your MST evidence? What could your congressman add that you have not already given to the VA? I am just guessing now because I don't know what they are doing. If for nothing else the VA uses the C&P exam to determine the degree of disability. The rater uses the C&P and the other evidence to rate you according to criteria from VA rules and regulations. The C&P is one of the main ways the VA gathers evidence of your mental condition and your ability to handle your finances. Others may have different ideas but as far as I know when your claim goes to rating board it is ready to rate, or should be ready. I don't think I would submit any new evidence or ask congressman for help now. Just wait and see what happens so you don't slow down the decision. Maybe this has to do with new regs for rating PTSD.

My biggest fear was the rater not properly applying the rules for ptsd claims due to rape. Back when I was in service I got help from my state senator and he was informed of the rapes and torture. Maybe my congressman's office got in touch with him idk.

As for how strong my evidence for mst goes I have every piece of evidence but mp reports of rape and torture. No medical records other than my doctor on base noting negative change in my behavior. Such as being withdrawn, emotional, no eye contact, and constant request for a transfer to medical hold. I do have an mp report of theft involving assault but I did not mention the mst part. Really hard to come out and say mst when they question you in front of several "peers" and when the people who assaulted me lived less than 50 yards away.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you tell anyone else about the MST? Their statements could be evidence especially if they say you told them shortly after the attacks. Any one in your command who knew what happened could make statements for you. Perhaps, as you say your congressman's evidence is being used. If you told your congressman about the MST that is evidence if he/she did an investigation of some sort. I am no expert on MST. I know that the VA runs on evidence. What constitutes evidence in MST cases others here know better than I. I was just wanting to make sure that you get your exam and that the VA does make a decision on the MST/PTSD and that this claimed condition does not get lost.

Thank you.

I reported it to my "rear d" Sargent after the unit deployed. (a few days after the last assault.) He told me that I wasn't assaulted sexually or otherwise. That he didn't want to hear anymore about it. His exact words were, "I know you want out on a honorable discharge." "If you want to keep it that way then don't cause any problems." "I can make your stay here hell and much longer." Well he did make it hell. Out of 40 soldiers on rear d I was forced to do 24 hour cq duty every other day.