Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Got Sced!

Rate this question

11cvolley

Question

I Put in my claim for ptsd in June 2010. 1-26-2011 it went to decision phase. Its been with the rating board for over a month now. Anyone had this issue? I did provide them with every document that wasn't in my c-file that supports my claim. I just really need some input. This is driving me nuts.

Edited by 11cvolley

• Answers 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I checked the mail today and i got a letter saying that they are working on my claim but they need more evidence....for crap that i didn't claim...ALL I CLAIMED WAS PTSD from MST! HAHAHAHAHAHA (my maniac crazy giggle) cause my RO is leaving me with something to be desired.. . .Ironically all the stuff that they said they need more evidence for, they already have. they have had it for the last year. I don't know what else to send them . . .my service dog? pictures of my wrists? empty bottles of pills? an autography copy of everything I have already sent them? ....I wonder if i sent them my dog what they would say hahahahahaha

Same happen to me, but the first time I didn't get a C&P. This time I did. It sucks having your claim sent back a step; however, its better than a denial letter. I think in the long run you'll get SC'ed. I don't see them sending your claim back if they planned to deny SC it.

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

"VA revising sexual assault claims process"

AirForceTimes.com

Rick Maze- Staff writer

Tuesday Oct 18, 2011 21:22:05 EDT

"Under pressure from Congress, the VA is trying to come up with a better way of handling disability claims from veterans who say they are suffering trauma

as a result of sexual assault or rapes suffered while in the military.

A key problem is how to handle claims when there may not be much evidence because sexual assault remains an underreported crime.

Veterans Affairs Department officials are working to improve the claims process for sexual assault victims while also making counseling available

to veterans who do not have and may not be seeking a disability rating for sexual trauma."

The complete article can be accessed here:

http://www.airforcet...process-101811/

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Send them a box of dog shit. But really you should get your VSO to find out what the RO has already. VA/RO/VSO "What we have here is a failure to communicate."

Edited by 11cvolley

Just checked ebenefits and my claim isn't available........ Stupid 800# is eleven minutes to speak with someone that probably will just shake a magic 8-ball and give me it;s answer....

E benefits is totally worthless. My claim has been in notification for 1 week evidenced by 3 calls received from the regional office and 3 calls to the 800# to verify everyone is on the same page.

It is up to each regional office to update the site. If they don't, which is currently happening, don't rely upon the site.

I was advised they are experiencing issues with the site, and they may not stay with this current version as it is only a pilot.'

If so, go back to the other asap. That one had a lot of features that worked.

My claim was with the rating board for over 1 year. They are seen in the order that they are received. In other words, there is an extreme back log. Those that are getting claims decided now had there claims put in with a year or so.

PLEASE BE PATIENT. I know its frustrating. I can't even see the status of mine even though its in the notification stage.

E benefits is totally worthless. My claim has been in notification for 1 week evidenced by 3 calls received from the regional office and 3 calls to the 800# to verify everyone is on the same page.

It is up to each regional office to update the site. If they don't, which is currently happening, don't rely upon the site.

I was advised they are experiencing issues with the site, and they may not stay with this current version as it is only a pilot.'

If so, go back to the other asap. That one had a lot of features that worked.

My claim was with the rating board for over 1 year. They are seen in the order that they are received. In other words, there is an extreme back log. Those that are getting claims decided now had there claims put in with a year or so.

PLEASE BE PATIENT. I know its frustrating. I can't even see the status of mine even though its in the notification stage.

That must really be irritating. My mood right now is F the RO. I mean seriously. Why is it a veteran can tell them over and over that they never got a C&P and then four months later be sent back to development to get the C&P and then have to wait in line all over again and the RO not get in trouble over it? I hate how government employees take advantage of government jobs and no one seems to care that they are totally slow at their job. Being a 11C we had a saying. "Slow is accurate and accurate is fast. The RO's seems to be, "Slower, SLOWER, messing up veteran's claim in 3..2..1.., forget about it."