Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Reuest

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Awhile ago I requested my C&P report and so today I called and asked what is the status of my claim and he told me that since I requested my C&P report I will be put in the back of the line. Please for the love of god tell me this isn't ture....If it is I will be completely you know what.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about the OIF &OEF vets, but these days Bay Pines VARO is busy cranking out Nehmer claims in an effort to help keep the VA from getting dragged back to the court with contempt citations to answer.

The Atlanta VARO messed around with my Nehmer claim for months, even though they also have a Nehmer team. The claim was in and out of Bay Pines in less than 60 days. It's true that my lawyer sent them a letter in reply to the notification that the claim had been moved to Bay Pines.

All the letter said was basically that the evidence of record was more than sufficient to prove the claim, and to please rate the claim without any further delays or requests for evidence. A C&P examiners remarks that no further testing or exams were required likely helped with the fast turnaround.

(Even though the Determination and SOC showed that the C&P examiners determination of "essential" HBP was set aside in favor of a treating cardiologists statement that tied the HBP to DMII and IHD/CAD.

It must have taken them several days just to list the evidence shown on the decision. (That's what happens when you have several hundred pages of evidence related to the claim under consideration, and they actually account for it.)

Still in all, I did find one mistake as to the EED listed for one condition. It makes no monetary difference, but shows that it's difficult for the VA to really get things exactly right. They based the date on the prescription date for a drug, and failed to notice that it's the second drug I take for the same condition.

So, the EED should go back to the first drug prescription, not the second that supplements the first. (Ah, well) Now I get to start (restart) a fight over a couple of SMC issues. It looks like a serious "CUE" is involved concerning a previous denial.

I had my C&P done at the Bay Pines Hospital on October 8th, 2010... The regional office is right next door, I was told by a VFW rep that all OIF and OEF vets where pushed to the top and it would be any-day now...The only reason I requested a copy was to kind of see when I can pay off all my debts, The worst feeling of all this is I put this delay on myself...I just wished when I called they would have told me I would be put in the back of the line...If I am in the back of the line...I just dont know what to do...It's very stressful right now and this has been the only thing keeping me going.

I had my C&P done at the Bay Pines Hospital on October 8th, 2010... The regional office is right next door, I was told by a VFW rep that all OIF and OEF vets where pushed to the top and it would be any-day now...The only reason I requested a copy was to kind of see when I can pay off all my debts, The worst feeling of all this is I put this delay on myself...I just wished when I called they would have told me I would be put in the back of the line...If I am in the back of the line...I just dont know what to do...It's very stressful right now and this has been the only thing keeping me going.

Armyvet,

All you needed to do was go and show your ID to ROI at the VAMC and they would

just print you a copy of your C&P exam.

I do not believe your file will get put in the back of the line.

Chuck said:

"(Even though the Determination and SOC showed that the C&P examiners determination of "essential" HBP was set aside in favor of a treating cardiologists statement that tied the HBP to DMII and IHD/CAD."

That is an interesting and vcery important point statement-Good for you that you got the HBP tied into DMII/IHD.

It always surprised me when "essential hypertension" would be 'diagnosed' in med recs of many local vets I know who had asked me for help with their claims.

Essential basically means no known cause for the HBP.

I hope any vet with SC DMII or SC IHD gets a good statement from the VA as to their HBP nexus but ,if they don't have that documented from a doctor in the record ,VA will still probably consider the HBP as "essential'- when the med rec could clearly reveal the nexus.

In my husband's med recs and the FTCA medical Peer reviews -the VA admitted his HBP was so poorly controlled that it lent to his death as one of the medical errors the VA made.

I dont even remember them rating the HBP at all.With his DMII confirmed as cause of his IHD ,(my award from last year)

and even though the HBP should have been rated under the 1151 claim,I dont know if I addressed that at all in my pending Nehmer claim or in the CUE issue that is pending too.

A few minutes after I checked my BP last night (I use a home monitor)we got local ambulance call on the police/fire bands for a good friend of mine.

His HBP was extremely high and he was diaphoretic.I will get update later on him.

He is vet but no SC and has been under considerable stress lately due to a family matter.

I fully believe stress can kill and a few PTSD claims contributing to heart disease have succeeded ,with very strong medical evidence.

Regardless of HBP due to DMI,or heart disease or a confirmed stress disorder-if VA says it is essential -I bet in the long run they manage to save plenty in comp unless the vet has an IMO or a VA doctor who does state the nexus.

Edited by Berta

I hope they do not put claims in the bottom of the stack because you ask for a copy of your C&P exams. I've had three, and each time I ask for a copy, so they would need to bury my claims under the basement :tongue: . Waiting for the C&P results for my Parkinson's exam. It was done with QTC, so I have to wait for the RO in Houston to send it to me, but I was wondering if maybe the Veteran's Hospital could print out a copy for me? But, that would be too easy.

I have been wanting to put in a new sidewalk, and last week I had a very nasty fall, and hit my forehead on the concrete. My smarta## son said Dad, a Jackhammer would be a lot easier :angry: .

Papa