Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Reuest

Rate this question

Armyvet1987

Question

Awhile ago I requested my C&P report and so today I called and asked what is the status of my claim and he told me that since I requested my C&P report I will be put in the back of the line. Please for the love of god tell me this isn't ture....If it is I will be completely you know what.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Awhile ago I requested my C&P report and so today I called and asked what is the status of my claim and he told me that since I requested my C&P report I will be put in the back of the line. Please for the love of god tell me this isn't ture....If it is I will be completely you know what.

Unfortunately, this is very possible. If you had a QTC C & P exam, your C & P exam must be requested from the VARO, and if your file was at the decision stage, VA will pull it from there and send it to the ROI (release of information) office and there your file will wait its turn for the C & P exam to be copied and mailed to you and your file sent back to the decision stage. Unfortunately it could really add some time for you to get a decision. If you had a C & P exam at your VAMC Hospital it should not interfere with you getting a decision or a copy of your C & P exam.

• HadIt.com Elder

I have never heard of the VA taking a vet's claim out of the que and placing it at the bottom because they ask for a copy of their C&P exam. I think they told you that you discourage you from calling them any more. How long ago did you get your C&P done?

I had my C&P done at the Bay Pines Hospital on October 8th, 2010... The regional office is right next door, I was told by a VFW rep that all OIF and OEF vets where pushed to the top and it would be any-day now...The only reason I requested a copy was to kind of see when I can pay off all my debts, The worst feeling of all this is I put this delay on myself...I just wished when I called they would have told me I would be put in the back of the line...If I am in the back of the line...I just dont know what to do...It's very stressful right now and this has been the only thing keeping me going.

The same thing happened to me. I had requested a copy of my c-file(not the copy of C& P Report) and the VA treated this as a claim. As the rating dept had all my records, the decision was delayed for a few months until the file went back to the rating dept to be rated in the order received. I have learned the hard way to never to request anything while your claim is waiting for a decision even if you had a request submitted earlier, once the dept that does this-copying records ect-that will cause the delay.. I had the pending issues-1. copy of c-file-(took 6 months) 2. Dependency claim from previous decision not acted upon. 3. a current claim waiting for decision.

Additionally, I will not even submit additional evidence while a ongoing claim is pending. The VA will shuffle your file to bottom file each time. Its not fair.

• HadIt.com Elder

The way I avoided the issue was to go to the local VA Clinic and asked them nicely to print out the C&P results.

They did so, when I filled out the usual request for records form, since the results were in my electronic file.

The VAMC that conducted the test was the parent of the clinic.

The results even contained a part of the C&P that was ostensibly done by an outside contract physician. (That's a whole story by itself)

Once a veteran has a pending (open) claim, if she or he requests a copy of their C-file/C & P exam from the VARO, the file will get a new suspense date and sent to the release of information office and wait its turn to be copied. I don't know about going to the back of the line but this normally happens. After the C-file/C&P exam is copied and mailed/forwarded to the veteran, the C- file is then returned to the decision stage with a new suspense date.

This is only if a veteran is trying to get a copy of the exam from the VA Regional Office not the VA Hospital. The veteran can get a copy of the exam at the hospital if he or she had their exam there with no problem.