carlie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

In late 1996 I was trying to get fee service so I could avoid a very crowded VA. They had just opened the VA up and the patients more than doubled in a few short months. Anyway I was taking pictures of the over crowded waiting rooms, the long lines at the pharmacy. I always asked the Veterans and others if it was ok if I took a picture and if they did not want it they could get out, It was not long till I was hassled by VA police and not long after that at entrance was a sign that taking pictures was not allowed.

For the most part the VA cops are fairly unobtrusive and unavailable if you need them.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Being a VA cop is an easy job. They risk little. They may have to spray and thump a veteran every once in a while, but that is light duty compared to a real cop working high crime districts in Tampa. If there was a serious event at my VAMC it would all be over by the time the VA cops got there. Most trouble starts over vets waiting for drugs or missed appointments. Most of the vets I see are so beaten down that they really could not cause much trouble. They are the sickest and poorest people I have ever seen.