• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Skies All Around Me!

Rate this topic

Hambone11B

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless I misunderstood the benefits page I believe theres more opened up to you if you are schedular as opposed to TDIU. If I'm wrong then by all means let me know.. Most of them are where they should be but a few are still underestimated and I want to get them adjustedwhile I still can file an NOD.

Actually I just looked again and it looks like if you are P&T more benefits are opened up. Either way I still want to get my percentages where they should be. Most of them are rated correctly but a few are still underestimated and I want to get them corrected while I can file an NOD.

70% PTSD

50% Sleep Apnea

20% DDD ( this I believe should be higher or should have a secondary claim added to it or however that works)

10% Cervical Strain (neck)

10% GERD (should be higher as my esophagus and stomach have esophageal ulcers and have heartburn everyday.)

10% Headaches (this most definitely needs to be higher as I go to the ER with headaches all the time and I spend sometimes 5 days a week sitting in a quiet, dark room because they are so intense and I am limited as to what I can take for them as most stuff that somewhat works I can't take anymore. This rating is what they gave me as opposed to giving me a rating for TBI)

10% Tinnitus

10% Hypertension (should be higher as I always get readings where the bottom number is over 110 consistently)

10%Left Shoulder Strain

100% TDIU granted

All of these symptoms are on record and my VSO rep didn't put on my original NOD where the ratings should be and why when we filed because she said it wasn't important even though I had already written it out. I even took the advice of the members on here and made sure the NOD disputes were short and to the point and it didn't even take up a half sheet of paper. She instead just wrote in the NOD that I disagreed with PTSD and TBI and said that everything would be checked again and they would increase the others if they felt they deserved it. I suppose you can say that its not important if I'm getting TDIU anyways but I don't see any harm in getting them where I feel they should be at.

First congrats to you... Now for the questions, Can you please elaborate on the SSD claim and why it took so long? I recently filed for SSD (march 2011) and I am wondering if my claim will take the same route as yours. Did the S.S. Admin, deny your claim the first time around? I hired a lawyer to represent me so I hope that will speed up the process.

vet2010

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use