Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Blue Skies All Around Me!

Rate this topic

Hambone11B

Had my Social Security hearing yesterday morning and after about 10 minutes of questions the judge awarded me SSD backdated to MAR09. I also decided, since the day was going so well, to come home and check all three of my credit scores as freecreditreport.com only gives you one with the monthly subscription and all three scores are now above 620 which lets me apply for the VA home loan. I had disputed everything on my experian that was false and wasnt mine and didnt know I had to individually dispute all 3 credit bureaus. In one month my skies have turned from gray to blue after getting my 100% SC on May 15th and now I got my SSD and both were backdated to 2009 which gives me enough to put a decent down payment down and still have a considerable amount left in savings to start building on. Today I feel truly blessed. I want to thank all you guys for your support. I tell every joe I know that HADIT is the place to go to get them what they deserve.

The fight still isn't over though as now I plan to start pushing some of my low balled claims up in percentages to try to go from TDIU status and push for P&T to get the added benefits for me and my family. With the dis calc I sit at right about 93.5% and the claims they lowballed me on are the claims that are not going to go away. I've read in the countless hours I've spent on here about secondary claims because of, for example I have DDD and a cist has formed around the nerve ending in that area to protect it which in turn causes my thighs to go numb and burn with terrible pain, what is there I can put in for that or should it just be included in the original claim. I can see where the pain in my lower back would be included but this goes all the way down my legs and causes me to not be able to sit, stand, or lay flat for more than 20-30 mins as my thighs end up feeling like it does when you sleep on your arm wrong and your hand goes numb.

Another thing is I suffer from terrible headaches everyday and they have given me a 10% rating and it would be awesome if someone could link some info on theratings considerations on headaches. They haven't been called migraines as the meds for migraines did nothing and it is believed to be stemming from TBI I suffered which they refuse to give me a rating for even though they state in my claims that I did get a TBI in service.

I have plenty of time to read up on these situations so if you just want to give a link to steer me in the right direction so you can focus more on the people here who are still fighting for what they deserve that would be more than appreciated. You guys have helped so much already and reading up on this stuff will help me to pay it forward to guys as I do spend a ton of time on here reading peoples posts.

Anyways, Great Day to wake up to this morning and THANK YOU HADIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you've been through to get where you are, you are blessed and a survivor. Take care of those that take care of you, and keep posting! Good news like this helps those of us still in the fight to keep going.

GREAT NEWS!!!!

I hope others are encouraged whenever a vet succeeds in either their SC claim or an SSA award!

Good for you!! Keep on Trucking my friend. I'm also currently battleing the credit bureau's. If your submitting by mail, which is the best way cause then you have proof. Make sure you send them certified with return receipt. Make sure you challenge negative items including; charge offs, collections, late payments, judgments, public records, bankruptcy's, paid collections, or any other questionable derogatory information. By law, under the Fair Credit Reporting Act states that the investigations should be completed within 30 days. Also Hambone, tell them to send you a copy of your updated credit report following their completion of the investigation.

Here's the addresses & phone numbers of all three credit bureau's;

TransUnion LLC

Consumer Dispute Center

PO Box 2000

Chester, Pa. 19022

800-916-8800

Experian

NCAC

PO Box 9701

Allen, Tx. 75013

800-493-1058

Equifax

PO Box 740256

Atlanta, Ga. 30374

800-829-3616

• Founder

Congratulations grey skies to blue now that is just the best and says it all.

Had my Social Security hearing yesterday morning and after about 10 minutes of questions the judge awarded me SSD backdated to MAR09. I also decided, since the day was going so well, to come home and check all three of my credit scores as freecreditreport.com only gives you one with the monthly subscription and all three scores are now above 620 which lets me apply for the VA home loan. I had disputed everything on my experian that was false and wasnt mine and didnt know I had to individually dispute all 3 credit bureaus. In one month my skies have turned from gray to blue after getting my 100% SC on May 15th and now I got my SSD and both were backdated to 2009 which gives me enough to put a decent down payment down and still have a considerable amount left in savings to start building on. Today I feel truly blessed. I want to thank all you guys for your support. I tell every joe I know that HADIT is the place to go to get them what they deserve.

The fight still isn't over though as now I plan to start pushing some of my low balled claims up in percentages to try to go from TDIU status and push for P&T to get the added benefits for me and my family. With the dis calc I sit at right about 93.5% and the claims they lowballed me on are the claims that are not going to go away. I've read in the countless hours I've spent on here about secondary claims because of, for example I have DDD and a cist has formed around the nerve ending in that area to protect it which in turn causes my thighs to go numb and burn with terrible pain, what is there I can put in for that or should it just be included in the original claim. I can see where the pain in my lower back would be included but this goes all the way down my legs and causes me to not be able to sit, stand, or lay flat for more than 20-30 mins as my thighs end up feeling like it does when you sleep on your arm wrong and your hand goes numb.

Another thing is I suffer from terrible headaches everyday and they have given me a 10% rating and it would be awesome if someone could link some info on theratings considerations on headaches. They haven't been called migraines as the meds for migraines did nothing and it is believed to be stemming from TBI I suffered which they refuse to give me a rating for even though they state in my claims that I did get a TBI in service.

I have plenty of time to read up on these situations so if you just want to give a link to steer me in the right direction so you can focus more on the people here who are still fighting for what they deserve that would be more than appreciated. You guys have helped so much already and reading up on this stuff will help me to pay it forward to guys as I do spend a ton of time on here reading peoples posts.

Anyways, Great Day to wake up to this morning and THANK YOU HADIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use