VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Disability Determination Servies

Rate this question

Maurice

Question

An examination for Ptsd medical condition was done today. One hour and half the Doctor asked me questions about my life in the Army. Social Security will send me to another appointment in 10 days. After that a report will be sent to the SSA and a decision maybe based on the information in my case file. Should hear something around August 2011. Wish me good luck. Take care my veterans friends. Don't give up..................

Medical examination done on July 11,2011.

Edited by Maurice

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Wishing you the best of luck...I might have to do the same after my 100% comes in because I'm having a really hard time adjusting and I hate to feel the way I am at times - even with the meds and counseling I still have very bad days.

Been fighting with SSA to get SSDI approval for my PTSD since February 2011...Getting nowhere and getting the runaround (to put it mildly). I've had the original claim AND the reconsideration request shot down and have NEVER been scheduled for any exams. The VA has C&P exams and I've attended those in the past but NEVER has Social Security ever scheduled me for a CE exam...What gives here? Did you request your exam or am I just getting jerked around by the people at disability determination?

I have about 40 more days left to appeal to the next higher level and have a ALJ hearing. Looks like I will need to get a lawyer to help since they continue to "lose my evidence" and disregard solid medical letters from my doctors.

Just find it very strange that they have not had me go for an exam...

LC