Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t No Further Exams.

Rate this topic

baca

Ok I checked out the DMV web page. There are two different tags in SC. One is disabled veteran handicapped. The other is diabled veteran. One has a wheel chair the other doesn't.

Hey congradulations to you I am happy to see some post from another person from SC. I currently am waiting on a claim to run its course and I am opting for the handicaped tag as I have trouble with my back and walking. I hope you enjoy your victory. Have a good afternoon. I meant to add I think that the County where you live it depends on the county they may go 1 year back and refund your vehicle and property taxes for the calendar year here in SC. Adios

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

SC is better than Georgia!

No refund on tax. County will not accept veteran's exemptions after the first quarter for the real estate taxes due in December for the same year.

Forget any retroactive tax benefits that might have been a possible result of the VA's delay in resolving a claim.

Hey congradulations to you I am happy to see some post from another person from SC. I currently am waiting on a claim to run its course and I am opting for the handicaped tag as I have trouble with my back and walking. I hope you enjoy your victory. Have a good afternoon. I meant to add I think that the County where you live it depends on the county they may go 1 year back and refund your vehicle and property taxes for the calendar year here in SC. Adios

Chuck-

That's good to know. GA has been a great place to relocate to, and I love living in the woods (short of the tics of course) like back in PA. Better weather, too! Do you use a VSO/Service Org? If so, which one and how do you feel they're doing for you?? Please IM me -

Chuck-

That's good to know. GA has been a great place to relocate to, and I love living in the woods (short of the tics of course) like back in PA. Better weather, too! Do you use a VSO/Service Org? If so, which one and how do you feel they're doing for you?? Please IM me -

Hey Chuck I used the American Legion. My rep was an old lady and was about to retire so I hired a lawyer in March thinking this would take years. All he really did was have me sign a fee agreement and he requested my c-file. I think a favorable C&P exam is what won my case. I had the C&P a wk. after I hired my lawyer. About 5wks after that the VARO call for more info on my wife and Son and told me I was approved. I told my lawyer about it but he hadn't heard anything and the VARO hadn't sent him anything. I still havn't heard from my lawyer. I guess he's busy spending his share of the money.

In Mo you get one free set of disabled plates per yr. If you want the W/C emblem on the plate you must present the state form signed by a Dr, ANP, Chiropractor, Eye Dr who state you need this handicapped plate. You cannot just get the W/C emblem or card without this certified statement form. You can get the free disabled plates and hand in the statement that states you are qualified for the handicapped card to hang on the mirror, or put on the dash, and then use it prn (as needed).

This way it only says disabled veteran, and on days/nights you need to use the handicapped spots you use the card. You have to requests your plates 30 days again before they expire. Initially they give you regular plates to use till the disabled ones come in about 4-6 weeks. Then they notify you (the State) by mail to pick them up within 30 days.

Ok I checked out the DMV web page. There are two different tags in SC. One is disabled veteran handicapped. The other is diabled veteran. One has a wheel chair the other doesn't.

Baca, Sorry, of course you right, and your state is difference of my state. The DMV here ask me which one I wanted and I ask them if that means I could park in HC parking, yes! But 99% of the time I don't.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use