Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

31 U.s. Troops Killed In Worst-Ever Afghanistan Incident

carlie

• Founder

Freedom isn't free. A statement I tell my family a lot, but this brings it home to them. I have a nephew second tour Afghanistan, finally rotating out and we are praying that he stays safe.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Many of the superior officers wanted to withhold the names of the dead who were on Team 6 cause of the fear that their families might face exposure to problems since their seals were in on the Osama raid.

the common grunt has born the brunt of the wounded and kia's in these wars.

but most of the hoopla always goes to what the news calls the elite!!!! very sad indeed

• HadIt.com Elder

Personally, I believe some high ranking officers should be court martialed over this. What's the value of one seal!!! $1,000,000 or more each, just in training value. Why on earth would you put them all on one chopper, that's such an easy target??? As usual, p*ss poor planning. Why was there no Ranger quick reaction force, standing by to assist??? jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Personally, I believe some high ranking officers should be court martialed over this. What's the value of one seal!!! $1,000,000 or more each, just in training value. Why on earth would you put them all on one chopper, that's such an easy target??? As usual, p*ss poor planning. Why was there no Ranger quick reaction force, standing by to assist??? jmo

pr

Cause a Marine General was running the show.

Hello ..... yes someone dropped the ball. I do feel that cost cutting may be the underlying problem of why they were so many on one Chinook. Trying to cut here and there can put any of our troops at risk and when you are talking about the training of Special Ops like a Seal it just is not worth the gamble. Someone higher up screwed up on this one.

I had the priveledge of spending some quality time with a young man who leaves for OCS school next month and then on to Seal Training. He was a real blessing and so much talent and leadership potential. It speaks well for some of our parents who train up and raise fine young people. I was so blessed and humbled today and so proud of our Country and its folks. Its not all doom and gloom. Pray for our troops and country. NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use