Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

...been Answered!

Rate this topic

Gmaan23

After submitting my claim from October of 2010.... My prayers have finally been answered. I am sdi and now I am finally apart of the club. 70 percent along with sdi. No more waiting and no more playing the games with the VA. 70 percent is what I am going to be getting for compensation for the rest of my life. I am going to use the retro pay for school because I started my claim qt the Oakland regional office and now that I have moved to Hawaii with my dad and step mom, things have certainly made the turn for the better. I am very happy with their decision and now I can sleep better at night knowing that I have accomplished this fate after so many years of debating weather to go through the VA since getting out of the military back in 2006. I am now working and going to go back to school in January. I finally did it and I am so thankful for all the advice and people here on this website. I am doing the happy dance and going to be doing a lot more dancing. I was on floating at work on Saturday when I got the big brown envelope on Saturday. I have incomptetency though with their decision but I look at it as a blessing no matter how you put it. I am going to now finish school and continue to progress. This is the start of my new life and it's just going to get better. Having a fiduciary with my money may just be the best thing to happen because I'm 24 years old and I don't think that having this kind of finacial responsibility is good for me right now. Thank you to all the people here on this forum and I truly feel blessed to have this happen to me. Thank u again!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am confused here-

you get SSDI? but are working? IS this a temporary conditional work agreement with SSA?

"Having a fiduciary with my money may just be the best thing to happen because I'm 24 years old and I don't think that having this kind of finacial responsibility is good for me right now"

PLEASE read the Fiduciary posts here and at VAWatchdog links- I also posted info under topic called Incompetency.

The VA has appointed fiduciaries who were felons and/or had NO financial responsibility regarding the compensation of the vets ,whose funds they had control over. Perhaps your parents could be appointed as your fiduciary but you must act in time on any proposed incompetrency issues by the VA.

Jim Strickland has considerable info at VAWatchdog on what a vet should do if the VA proposes incompetency.

For some vets incompetency is a good thing. But for vets who get a VA appointed fiduciary, it can cost them compensation.

• HadIt.com Elder

If the VA has or wants to declare incompetency, it's likely that retro amounts will be withheld.

If you intend to go to school, the last thing you want is to be declared incompetent by the VA.

The same is true if you are employed.

• HadIt.com Elder

Why would you use your retro when you should be entitled to Voc Rehab..............are your parent's the fiduciary, if not this blows.

I'm getting the fiduciary thing resolved when I get the letter sometime soon. But my parents are my payees with ssa and hopefully that means they can be with the VA as well. Just crossing my fingers that it will all go well

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use