Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Wohhh!

Rate this topic

Lil Ghostie

Congrats!!! I love hearing the great news

War is a country of will. There is no room for sympathy. If you're not willing to give up everything, you've already lost.”

- Act of Valor -

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats be sure and read Berta and Carlies post. If you are unable to work or have SSD more work needs to be done.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Along with everyone else's great advise, may I add our experience----

When that 70% retro came, we had a super-happy dance and stayed so busy enjoying it, that we goofed off a long time to apply for TDIU. When we did apply & was awarded (They just changed it to 30% more instead--same $$), we realize how many months of that increase we missed. (I speak for my husband who is 100% now).

Anyhow, we were there like you, and still doing fine on the increase. However, as Carlie mentioned, there are people who would never ordinarily ask you for money but now figure you are rich, and they do ask. They may really be needy too! But blink twice and all that retro will be gone. My Dad's favorite quote "Never loan anything you don't want to give away". And about kids, " I will invest that amount for you and when I die, you will have lots more in interest."Just be wise and careful. We all want you to have the best 'rest of the story'.

CONGRATS from us!!

Thank you all for your advice, I plan on going for TDIU as soon as possible and I have already had my fair share of people asking for "lowns" before the check has even finished clearing. :D

Congratulations LG!

Just remember that saying "no" to a loan request is not a bad thing either since you can actually find something YOU need to do for you and your family with it.

DAV Life Member - Thanks to all Veterans for your selfless service.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use