Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Controlled Substance Agreement Will Be Required For All Veterans

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello All,,,,,, I wish I had some positive information but this is not going to a good one for most Veterans. The loosing of more of our freedoms and more survellance yet even possiblities of making a Veteran into a criminal. Alerting the DEA and more invasion into our privacy. This looks like an attempt to blame all Veterans and paint with a broad brush. Yes I know there are a few Veterans that have stepped over the line and sold there medications , but because of a few now comes the ALL guilty one law for all. Adolph Hitler used these techniques very effectively and now our VA is trying to copy the likes of a madman. Please read closely the New Controlled Substance Agreement that is going into effect and will be required by ALL Veterans to sign. It has already start here in Texas and I am sure some of our Elders and Moderators would like to comment as well as the Hadit community. Remember that the wording in this leaves all Veterans up for grabs and may bring you into a criminal status without a Veterans intent or due process. I think our members need to "dissect" this one and really chew on it . This is one more thing that needs to be brought before our leaders in government and reps to try and fix or we all will be labled a criminal sooner or later. But above all remember ....NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

post-2270-0-55012000-1317526176_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-19455800-1317526222_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-50104000-1317526250_thumb.jp

post-2270-0-32215800-1317568921_thumb.jp

Edited by Capt.Contaminate

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I guess that I should consider myself lucky in that I do not use the VA medical services.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think it is an awful plot against vets. What it is is the VA doing their best to CYA. People who are going to abuse drugs and OD and going to do it regardless of some agreement. The VA just wants to be able to say "It's not our fault" when some vet dies from a combination of drugs that would kill a horse. Then news media in Florida harps constantly about prescription drug abuse. The VA is scared they will be blamed. These guys want to CYA and get their pensions. Here in Florida if you go to a pain clinic now they want to test your urine and screen you for drugs before they prescribe. As long as I can get the drugs I need from the VA that's good. If they cut me off I go elsewhere.

I'm in a mixed bag. I have hydrocodone on an "as-needed" basis, so I guess I'm lucky that I don't need it daily. I've been left to hang for refills as well, having to beg my local CVS to let me get 5 - 10 pills until my refill shows up. I've also been denied refills because I had to reschedule an appointment, and the next available date was 6 months away. I asked my private doc to write a script so I could see what the cost would be to fill it until my next VA visit 'cleared' me, and the co-pay was +/- $1000.00. Needless to say, I didn't fill the script and don't have any other choice but to wait for the VA and live swollen and in pain. I even went through the patient advocate, social worker, PCP, etc - still denied by the head of rheumatology. I requested a fee-basis referral: denied. So, now my appointment is a few weeks away and I plan on having a chat with my doctor, the patient advocate, and anyone else at their desk to show them what arthritis looks like when a patient is denied medication because the VAMC I go to only offers appointments one day a week in the Rheumatology clinic. I recall my PCP talking about the repercussions if I lost my pain meds, but don’t recall signing anything. There are times I would give anything to NOT have to deal with the VA, and this is one of them. Go figure. Get me started on a treatment that actually controls the symptoms, then cut me off for 6 months because I have to reschedule an appointment?? How humane is that???

I just got done writing a pain drug rant on another thread for social issues... in these forums....

I didn't look here first or else I would have added to it,, just went through several days of hell because my meds never got here... and I have been on them for 20 years... needless to say withdrawls and pain with pancreas disease should not be inflicted on a vet..

I finally got a note back from my doctor saying she is sending a script to the pahrmacy,, I get a car later today and drive one frakkin hour.. each way!

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm in a mixed bag. I have hydrocodone on an "as-needed" basis, so I guess I'm lucky that I don't need it daily. I've been left to hang for refills as well, having to beg my local CVS to let me get 5 - 10 pills until my refill shows up. I've also been denied refills because I had to reschedule an appointment, and the next available date was 6 months away. I asked my private doc to write a script so I could see what the cost would be to fill it until my next VA visit 'cleared' me, and the co-pay was +/- $1000.00. Needless to say, I didn't fill the script and don't have any other choice but to wait for the VA and live swollen and in pain. I even went through the patient advocate, social worker, PCP, etc - still denied by the head of rheumatology. I requested a fee-basis referral: denied. So, now my appointment is a few weeks away and I plan on having a chat with my doctor, the patient advocate, and anyone else at their desk to show them what arthritis looks like when a patient is denied medication because the VAMC I go to only offers appointments one day a week in the Rheumatology clinic. I recall my PCP talking about the repercussions if I lost my pain meds, but don't recall signing anything. There are times I would give anything to NOT have to deal with the VA, and this is one of them. Go figure. Get me started on a treatment that actually controls the symptoms, then cut me off for 6 months because I have to reschedule an appointment?? How humane is that???

I'd really think about talking to a veteran's lawyer concerning a malpractice suit. While it might not go anywhere, I'd bet that someone in the VAMC management would likely take notice, and ask what for.

That's a really high co-pay for a non VA source. You must need to take a very high amount of the stuff.