Popular Topics  Tinnitus | Hearing loss | Post-traumatic stress disorder | Lumbosacral or cervical strain | Scars, general | Limitation of flexion, knee | Paralysis of the sciatic nerve | Limitation of motion of the ankle | Diabetes mellitus | Migraine | Limitation of flexion, knee

Ad Free Subscription - Available $5 per month, $50 per year. Ads support the site, but some folks want an option without ads. Subscriptions are available! Thank you for your support.

Popular Forums: VA Disability Claims - Appealing Your Claims NOD, DRO, BVA, USCAVC -Compensation & Pension Exams - E-Benefits Questions - PTSD 

Popular Posts C and P Exam – Do’s and Don’tsDisability Rating Calculator6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100% | More

Popular Forums: VA Disability Claims - Appealing Your Claims NOD, DRO, BVA, USCAVC -Compensation & Pension Exams - E-Benefits Questions - PTSD 

Popular Posts C and P Exam – Do’s and Don’tsDisability Rating Calculator |6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100% | More

When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about when it comes to filing Veterans Affairs Disability Claims. Chris Attig - Veterans Law Blog

Popular Forums Common VA Disabilities

What is HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran LLC?
The how to's and why for's in the Veterans Affairs process for filing a claim for service connected disability compensation. We combine the Knowledge, Skills, and abilities of Veterans to provide other Veterans the Information and support they need dealing with the Veterans Affairs system.

What can I do here?
Utilize our site and forum to research Veterans Affairs Disability Claims procedures benefits.  Search for topics of interest. Join our active discussion forum and post questions to other veterans. Ask your questions here.

Popular Topics  Tinnitus | Hearing loss | Post-traumatic stress disorder | Lumbosacral or cervical strain | Scars, general | Limitation of flexion, knee | Paralysis of the sciatic nerve | Limitation of motion of the ankle | Diabetes mellitus | Migraine | Limitation of flexion, knee

Ad Free Subscription - Available $5 per month, $50 per year. Ads support the site, but some folks want an option without ads. Subscriptions are available! Thank you for your support.

Popular Posts C and P Exam – Do’s and Don’tsDisability Rating Calculator6 Reasons to Keep Pursuing Claims and Appeals – AFTER you reach 100% | More

acesup

Met With Nova Attorneys Regarding Nod

Question

Wow, I met with two very impressive (IMHO) and knowledegable NOVA attorneys this morning.

The first one, who owns the firm, reviewed my Decision Letter and found much of the Reasons and Bases laughable, if not downright ridiculous. She expressed confidence in getting a favorable review. The second one reiterated that opinion of the Decision Letter, and she and I discussed some of what made them so confident.

My case is accepted and will be handled on contingency, meaning they only get paid if I get a favorable decision (and therefore, at least 4 years of backpay on some major issues). I'm not crazy enough to think nothing can go wrong, but I can't help but catch some of that confidence. These people don't take cases unless they have a pretty high probability of a successful outcome.

Next week I'll go back to review the NOD and find out what, if any, more info I'll need to provide.

I hate to be so vague, but when my case reaches conclusion I vow to post speciifics here regarding my claim, the Decicion Letter, and how the NOVA attorneys handle it.

Thanks everybody for the input and encouragement I have found here.

Edited by acesup

5 answers to this question

Good Job ACE. Sometimes they need a little Kick in the groin to get them on the right track and NOVA lawyers certainly can do that.

J

ACE

I think it is a good idea to get a Nova lawyer to do your case. There is a steep learning curve for vets doing their own claims. All it means is you learn by making errors the VA can take advantage of to delay you award. By the time you learn the system you claim is over and five years have gone by. I would gladly give 20% of my retro not to have to wait five or ten years to win my claim especially if I can't work.

Good choice, and thanks for sharing. I may follow your lead if things don't move along soon.

I just heard this news:

NOVA News Flash VA News Flash

"The National Organization of Veterans' Advocates (NOVA) has named Paul Sullivan, the former Executive Director of Veterans for Common Sense (VCS), as NOVA's new Executive Director."

Many of you know Paul and the recent successful veteran's cases he has had.

The former Director Rich Cohen has retired after decades of wonderful representation of veterans.

NOVA also has a new web site link:

www.vetadvocates.org