VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Eligibility Question

Rate this question

bunkerbuilt

Question

I served in the USMC and also served in the U.S. Army. I started having shoulder problems(Dislocations) in the Marines in 1998. I went to the hospital for it back then as well. I was discharged from the Marines not long thereafter. I then enlisted in the Army. I started having shoulder problems again(Recurrent Dislocation). The Army discharged me as Med 200. I was was discharged in Oct. 2001. I had shoulder surgery Feb. 2002 and have been under doctor's care ever since. It was only under vigorous training that I started having shoulder problems. Can anyone advise whether I shoulder be eligible and also I'm trying for compensation. I already went for my C&P exam the last week of Oct. 2011. Any feedback would be great! Thanks!

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit.

Yes you should but you have to link your current condition to your service.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder

Like I said you shoul win just don't know much about how it should be rated. The reason I said should is cause the VA usually low balls claims first time. Seems like doing it right with all the time they take should be something to help with back logs?

Bunker...Did you happen to get a copy of your C&P exam? If you did, was it in favor for you? A Vet usually can tell which way his claim is heading, just by what the examiner wrote.

I am assuming the medical discharge from the Army was for some other issue instead of the shoulder injury, because, I would think they would of gave you a disability rating if it was. JMO

How long ago did you file the claim?

Coot

hey coot, yea I just received my copy of the c&p exam yeterday. It states that in "the veteran's shoulder condition is directly related to his active duty service". Also, that the condition was aggravated beyond its natural progression by an in-service injury. There is other things in there related to arthritis. Does this sound favorable?

Edited by bunkerbuilt

Unfavorable in your physical condition (sorry that you're in pain), but the language should make it a 'no brainer'...