VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another C&p Exam Scheduled

Rate this question

Ryguy

Question

Finally, I had an appointment for a C&P EXAM for my upper back and neck condition appeal. The crazy thing is, I have the appeal appointment with the same doctor who originally said in his statement "He feels it is more not likely that this injury happened in the military becuz he never saw anything in in my medical records white in service. Although this accident I was in happened 4 months prior to my getting out of the military.

I now have a battle buddy statement supporting the knowledge of my neck and upper back condition and i have two statements IMO from my VA primary care physician. Do you all think this is enough evidence to submit with my VCAA response or should I try digging up more information just to ensure my appeal goes through. This doctor was older and was nice but reading his notes, i just dont want him saying the same thing, he said in the past..

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Thanks a lot Pete. By reminding him of his opinion a few years ago, wouldn't that piss him off? or will that work in my favor by reminding him of this?

Still depends on how he calls it. Be sure and remind him of his earlier opinion.

Good Luck

Turn in your evidence. The Regional Office determines the rating decision not the doctor. From what you stated the doctors opinion was based on what was in the medical record. That is all he/she had to go on. Take a copy of the IMO and buddy letter with you to the exam. No do not remind the doctor of a pass opinion. He will have a copy of the prior C & P exam. Remember, you can catch more flies with honey than vinagar. Fight on evidence not emotion!

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks a lot Pete. By reminding him of his opinion a few years ago, wouldn't that piss him off? or will that work in my favor by reminding him of this?

On second though best take Sharons advice.

Thanks a lot Sharon, I will definitely do exactly what you recommend.

Turn in your evidence. The Regional Office determines the rating decision not the doctor. From what you stated the doctors opinion was based on what was in the medical record. That is all he/she had to go on. Take a copy of the IMO and buddy letter with you to the exam. No do not remind the doctor of a pass opinion. He will have a copy of the prior C & P exam. Remember, you can catch more flies with honey than vinagar. Fight on evidence not emotion!