Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Iris

Rate this question

CShock

Question

On 8 Nov 11 I inquired with IRIS regarding a contention of sleep apnea. My issue is my medical evidence was submitted on 31 May 11 and according to ebenefits it may take up to 21 day for an update to reflect in ebenefits. Well 5 months later and this update has not been aaccomplished. The reason for my concern is this, I'm filing my first claim and while I realize that with only 10 months into this process I shouldn't hold my breath , however I do want all my contentions to be considered at the same time.

On 10 Nov 11, I received a response from IRIS which basically regurgitated the info I placed in my initial email and provided info I could obtain on ebenefits and I was also informed that once a response WD received from the Reginal Center I would be provided a answer to my inquiry. So now it has been nearly 3 weeks later and no response, this is absurd to me. If the IRIS system serves as a medium for individuals to obtain information, what is the recourse when this fails? Not to mention how long does it take to update a contention, all the other info in ebenefits show the medical evidence had been received, why hasn't it been updated? Is this the norm, you place a request with IRIS and questions still go unanswered? I feel three weeks is more than ample enough time to provide a response on this matter. Any insight on the timeliness of IRIS inquiries will be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

The 800# is a total waste of time. I get to the point were I send in an inquiry through IRIS, check the Houston RO box, etc. I get a response from the national IRIS place telling me that they must ask Houston about my inquiry, I thought that was what I was doing when I checked the box. Well today I got another response from IRIS. It is the same canned answer that I had received from a totally different inquiry that I sent over a year ago. Carlie, Someday some of us will listen to you :biggrin:.

Papa