Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Does It Take Sooo Long For A Decision

Rate this question

82nd 3/504

Question

I have been waiting a year for a decisions on a c&p comp.claim why so long and why do they make it sk hard. Just when I thought everything was in they ask for more paper work. I checked the e benifits page daily and it said no action needed then wham they ask for something else. I had even called and asked if it was all in and my packet complete and thy said yes and boom we news this or that. I didn't ask for anything when I served but thy ask for everything it just seems wrong.

• Answers 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Occupy the VA since we are treated worse than homeless and college students on break. They get headlines and we just get lines. It is congress to blame for this mess. 20% of returning OIF/OEF vets have PTSD and will probably file claims. This is what happens when you have two wars that have lasted almost ten years. We may be in Syria or Iran next so do you think the VA is ready for that? This is not just some VA employees, but a system that has failed. Vets should not be divided. All of us are being mistreated if one of us is mistreated.

I'm with you, John. I'm willing to get tazed mased and shot, if "Occupy the VA" would make a change. However, ever since the "Department of Homeland Security" armed the VA security guards to the hilt, and changed their job description to "VA Police". I am sure they would have a field day mowing us down. I have been in a few VA protests, back in the day when the public would just ignore us & and the press and the powers that be, dismissed us as disgruntled "Crazy Vietnam Vets"...

I agree with all the members of Hadit who point the blame at Congress. For the sake of the young vets, I like your plan "B". Contact Congress, tell them what you are experiencing. Tell them the way many vets are being treated, It is inhumane and UN-American. Text, tweet and call every branch of our government, over and over again.

I empathize with all who are going through this tribulation, and wish you the very best of luck and a speedy resolution.

Cmdr. Bob

Edited by Commander Bob

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey, Bob

Oh, I am quite sure VA cops would mace and shock and beat any vet who stepped one inch out of line at a VA facility. I have seen them do it. To get attention for vets is the problem. It seems no matter how many news stories I read or see on TV the same crap continues. I cannot solve a simple problem at the VA. I can't get my pain drugs on time. This makes me want to occupy the pain clinic.

A very cool conversation, a little crazy, but cool. Maybe they will have Agent Orange drink's four Us

• HadIt.com Elder

A very cool conversation, a little crazy, but cool. Maybe they will have Agent Orange drink's four Us

Greetings 'SP4RVN1971'. So true. Thanks for the laugh. Your post reminded me of the "Agent Orange Kool-Aid" we made from the run off in I Corp.

I would hope the humor, if just for a moment, may ease the frustration many members are feeling right now, while waiting for a decision on there claim.

• HadIt.com Elder

Occupy the VA...

You have a point there, John. Perhaps a "Virtual Occupy the VA". Campaign would help, if there were enough participants...??? A million hits on a Twitter account would draw the Law makers & the public's attention.

Edited by Commander Bob