Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Cried Today....

Rate this topic

rpowell01

First and foremost I want to thank everybody on this board who helps other veterans with their claims. It reminds me of a movie called "Pay it Forward"!!! You guys and gals have helped many people obtain what I thought was impossible and what I thought was impossible became possible today. Second, I want to thank JBasser for showing me the pathway and helped me walk through that path on filing my secondary claims and a couple of primary claims. I can say that I now have so much experience in researching and doing my homework thanks to John. If you want to know how to make sure your Ps and Qs are in order JBASSER IS DA'Man!!!!

Now, to the best part. I have not received my letter yet but I looking on Ebenefits the VA has finalized my claims, mailed out the letter and changed my rating from 40% to 70%. I do not know what they denied or what they rated. I just hope it was the primary claims I submitted because one of them is the reason why I am in the condition I am in. Eitherway I will am ready to file a NOD with DRO if I have to.

But, in the past few months I have been able to help 2 other vets buddies of mine reach 70% in their claims thanks to this board. They tell me "Man, how do you know so much"...I tried to invite them here but they do not get on the computer much...

BTW I did cry at work whenever I found out!!!!

One more thing, these claims started back in December 2010 at Bay Pines and were transferred to Louisville in November so they can be expedited. Turn around was pretty quick...

Edited by rpowell01

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is good news to hear and, yes, there is so much help and support on this site to aid Veterans and their families it is overwhelming. I too know those tears, the salty and the sweet ones...and, believe me, a ladder has been thrown my way more than a time or two.

I heard your sigh of relief as I read your post. Very happy day for you indeed. For the entire Hadit family.

It does feel good to share the knowledge and pay it forward as you say.

Edited by VetsLady

I am glad to hear of your success. Congrats. And I agree that there is so much knowledge and help.

You just have to read and use it. Many are willing to go that extra step and guide you.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use