VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Citalopeam

Rate this topic

I have been on citalopram for three weeks and haven't had a good night sleep. If anything I am more anxious than before taking the meds. I don't see the doc til Jan 6. Trying to stay on meds til then, but sporadic sleep not helping. Just want to give it a chance for my anxiety, but meds seem to be making it worse.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My PCP had me on the same thing at 20 mg.I tried it for a few weeks with no luck as well and more problems. They just changed mine over to something else, so hopefully it will help. Try and call your doc and see if they will go ahead and change it so you don't suffer for 3 weeks.

My PCP had me on the same thing at 20 mg.I tried it for a few weeks with no luck as well and more problems. They just changed mine over to something else, so hopefully it will help. Try and call your doc and see if they will go ahead and change it so you don't suffer for 3 weeks.

Yeah, I'm a genius. I don't take pills. This was my first. Was told by doc to take 10 mg up front for seven days and then take 20 mg after that. Well having never taken

Pills I thought one pill was 10mg and Two was 20 mg. Turns out I have been taking 40mg. Talk about jumping in head first instead if wading in. Hopefully This will help with my insomnia.

On top of this I would liketo be squared away before

My first cp for anxiety secondary to sc conditions. Exam has been requested and waiting appt. Not sure what to expect for cp on anxiety

• HadIt.com Elder

It is probably better for your exam if you are not responding well to drugs for anxiety. This points to difficulty in treatment and severity. If you go to your anxiety exam and you are sweating and your hands shake that is positive for anxiety. If the exam doctor sees you relaxed and at ease he is not likely to DX severe or even moderate anxiety. The doctors always comment on any distress they see.

Wish we had a "Like" button. You would get one John. The only other thing I would suggest is stop your meds at least 3 days prior to the exam.

Papa

It is probably better for your exam if you are not responding well to drugs for anxiety. This points to difficulty in treatment and severity. If you go to your anxiety exam and you are sweating and your hands shake that is positive for anxiety. If the exam doctor sees you relaxed and at ease he is not likely to DX severe or even moderate anxiety. The doctors always comment on any distress they see.