Jump to content
  • Latest Donations

  • Advertisemnt

  • 14 Questions about VA Disability Compensation Benefits Claims

    questions-001@3x.png

    When a Veteran starts considering whether or not to file a VA Disability Claim, there are a lot of questions that he or she tends to ask. Over the last 10 years, the following are the 14 most common basic questions I am asked about ...
    Continue Reading
     
  • Ads

  • Most Common VA Disabilities Claimed for Compensation:   

    tinnitus-005.pngptsd-005.pnglumbosacral-005.pngscars-005.pnglimitation-flexion-knee-005.pngdiabetes-005.pnglimitation-motion-ankle-005.pngparalysis-005.pngdegenerative-arthitis-spine-005.pngtbi-traumatic-brain-injury-005.png

  • Advertisemnt

  • Advertisemnt

  • Ads

  • Can a 100 percent Disabled Veteran Work and Earn an Income?

    employment 2.jpeg

    You’ve just been rated 100% disabled by the Veterans Affairs. After the excitement of finally having the rating you deserve wears off, you start asking questions. One of the first questions that you might ask is this: It’s a legitimate question – rare is the Veteran that finds themselves sitting on the couch eating bon-bons … Continue reading

Sponsored Ads

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Donation Box

    Please donate to support the community.
    We appreciate all donations!
  • Searches Community Forums, Blog and more

  • 0
basham

How Do I Get My Paperwork Moving

Question

I called to find out what the status of my reconsideration. Am told that yes all the evidence requested is in, to include paperwork from ssd and c&p exam with addtional records from my VA Doctor backing my condition. I have been rated as imcompetent with a 60% rating, I guess the other 40% is suppose to go to work. I have also put in my paperwork for UID. Finances are tough for me and all i can get out of them is yes its all here. Please lead me in the right direction, I need some advice is there someone that can help me outside an Attorney. Everything is in and I am sure I will get 100% with UID. Is there someone else to speak with?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

I called to find out what the status of my reconsideration. Am told that yes all the evidence requested is in, to include paperwork from ssd and c&p exam with addtional records from my VA Doctor backing my condition. I have been rated as imcompetent with a 60% rating, I guess the other 40% is suppose to go to work. I have also put in my paperwork for UID. Finances are tough for me and all i can get out of them is yes its all here. Please lead me in the right direction, I need some advice is there someone that can help me outside an Attorney. Everything is in and I am sure I will get 100% with UID. Is there someone else to speak with?

There is no one to speak with that can help you advance the

progress of your claim issues.

You're in line - waiting with a million others.

When they are done with your claim issues they will notify you.

JMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ad

Watch out for the NOD time limit (one year after the decision)...as even if VA appears to be working on a reconsideration request- if no award is made before the NOD year time limit, you lose the appeal rights regarding the NOD,if one isn't filed.

There is discussion here on Reconsideration requests.

We had a DAV NSO in the Reconsideration threads here who insisted my statement above was wrong.

I gave links in the thread to BVA decisions that prove what I stated.

A NOD must be filed within one year after a denial, regardless of any status of a Reconsideration request.

I filed a NOD within days of my NOD deadline on a Reconsideration request.

Although it appeared the VA was working on the request,based on correspondence from them, I didn't take any chances and filed the NOD.

That specific claim has been pending since 2004 at the Buffalo VARO.

If your evidence is good, you might receive an award prior to the NOD deadline which would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is one thing you can do and that is tell the VARO that you are ready for them to rate and use the information they have. You would be surprised how much that can speed up a claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Ads

  • Ad

  • Latest News
  • Our picks

    • SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Ad Free Subscriptions to the Forum available
      Ad free subscriptions are available for the forum. Subscriptions give you the forums ad free and help support the forum and site. Monthly $5 Annually $50 https://community.hadit.com/subscriptions/

      Every bit helps - Thank you.

       
      • 0 replies
    • Choosing a VA Disability Attorney Means Learning What Questions to Ask
      Choosing a VA Disability Attorney Means Learning What Questions to Ask. Chris Attig - Veterans Law Blog 

      <br style="color:#000000; text-align:start">How to Hire an Attorney For Your VA Claim or Appeal Free Guidebook available on the Veterans Law Blog

      I got an email the other day from a Veteran.  It had 2 or 3 sentences about his claim, and then closed at the end: “Please call me. So-and-so told me you were the best and I want your help.”

      While I appreciate the compliments, I shudder a little at emails like this.  For 2 reasons.

      First, I get a lot of emails like this.  And while I diligently represent my clients – I often tell them we will pursue their claim until we have no more appeals or until we win – I am most assuredly not the best.

      There are a LOT of damn good VA Disability attorneys out there.  (Most, if not all, of the best are members of the National Organization of Veterans Advocates…read about one of them, here)

      Second, I don’t want Veterans to choose their attorney based on who their friend thought was the best.  I want Veterans to choose the VA Disability attorney who is BEST for their case.

      In some situations, that may be the Attig Law Firm.

      But it may also be be Hill and Ponton, or Chisholm-Kilpatrick, or Bergman Moore.  Or any one of the dozens of other attorneys who have made the representation of Veterans their professional life’s work.

      There are hundreds of attorneys that are out there representing Veterans, and I’m here to tell you that who is best for your friend’s case may not be the best for your case.

      How do you Find the Best VA Disability Attorney for your Claim?

      First, you have to answer the question: do you NEED an attorney?

      Some of you don’t...
      • 1 reply
    • VA Emergency Medical Care
      VA Emergency Medical Care
      • 3 replies
    • Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act
      Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act
      • 1 reply
    • Thanks Berta for your help. I did receive my 100% today for my IU claim on 6/20/2018. It only took 64 days to complete and it is p&t. Thanks for your words of wisdom. 
×

Important Information

{terms] and Guidelines