VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Do I Get My Paperwork Moving

Rate this question

basham

Question

I called to find out what the status of my reconsideration. Am told that yes all the evidence requested is in, to include paperwork from ssd and c&p exam with addtional records from my VA Doctor backing my condition. I have been rated as imcompetent with a 60% rating, I guess the other 40% is suppose to go to work. I have also put in my paperwork for UID. Finances are tough for me and all i can get out of them is yes its all here. Please lead me in the right direction, I need some advice is there someone that can help me outside an Attorney. Everything is in and I am sure I will get 100% with UID. Is there someone else to speak with?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

I called to find out what the status of my reconsideration. Am told that yes all the evidence requested is in, to include paperwork from ssd and c&p exam with addtional records from my VA Doctor backing my condition. I have been rated as imcompetent with a 60% rating, I guess the other 40% is suppose to go to work. I have also put in my paperwork for UID. Finances are tough for me and all i can get out of them is yes its all here. Please lead me in the right direction, I need some advice is there someone that can help me outside an Attorney. Everything is in and I am sure I will get 100% with UID. Is there someone else to speak with?

There is no one to speak with that can help you advance the

progress of your claim issues.

You're in line - waiting with a million others.

When they are done with your claim issues they will notify you.

JMHO

Watch out for the NOD time limit (one year after the decision)...as even if VA appears to be working on a reconsideration request- if no award is made before the NOD year time limit, you lose the appeal rights regarding the NOD,if one isn't filed.

There is discussion here on Reconsideration requests.

We had a DAV NSO in the Reconsideration threads here who insisted my statement above was wrong.

I gave links in the thread to BVA decisions that prove what I stated.

A NOD must be filed within one year after a denial, regardless of any status of a Reconsideration request.

I filed a NOD within days of my NOD deadline on a Reconsideration request.

Although it appeared the VA was working on the request,based on correspondence from them, I didn't take any chances and filed the NOD.

That specific claim has been pending since 2004 at the Buffalo VARO.

If your evidence is good, you might receive an award prior to the NOD deadline which would be great.

• HadIt.com Elder

There is one thing you can do and that is tell the VARO that you are ready for them to rate and use the information they have. You would be surprised how much that can speed up a claim.