VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Decision

Rate this question

CShock

Question

It feels a little like success. Filed initial claim 1 Mar 11, checked e-bene today and the status changed from "review of evidence" to "preparation for decision. I'm just happy to see some movement, should I expect another long wait before things advance again? I really hadn't expected to see any movement or hear anything prior to the 1 year mark and I think perhaps I should stick with that premise, just wanted to get a few opinions.

Shock

I am currently at 80%, applied for increase of PTSD and TDIU, had C & P exam Jan. 25, 2022, my claim has moved in the "preparation for decision" phase since Feb. 16, 2022. However, now the claim appears to be stuck. Does anyone know timeline due to backlogs? In addition, wondering if I qualify for TDIU with 50% PTSD, 10% tinnitus, and 50% migraines

To be honest - the time frames of the stages really goes out the window - I've notice this myself and was told by my POA rep at America Legion - there use to be a monthly quota and deadline each claims rep had to live by but with so many cases being open daily and with the number of claims - it's hard to say the length of time it takes for each stage. So don't count on that this way it will help keep your daily disappointment and frustration level down. He also stated that the more conditions one have on a claim the longer it takes and God knows I have about 8 conditions on my claim lol

you can also check the monday morning report on the VA website to get an idea of the number of inital claims submitted to your RO. Don't get discouraged if you see that your claim goes back a stage for more evidence...when your claim goes to rating it says on eben that national ave is 16 to 28 days....don't count on that. mostly when it is in decision phase it's more around 60 to 67 days and a 6 day mailing. which usually you will get the direct deposit before you get the notification in the mail. but if you call "peggy" (the 1800 number) they will tell you what your average wait time is at your RO.

I've had one claim on file since 6/10, and called today only to find out they still haven't received the QTC report from last spring. NOT happy about this.

I really hadn't expected to see any movement or hear anything prior to the 1 year mark and I think perhaps I should stick with that premise, just wanted to get a few opinions.

Shock

Just having some movement is good news.

Hang in there - they will let you know when they have answers.

I suggest not counting on ebenefits or the 800 # for accurate updates.

JMHO