Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

xpertshot

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats and if you have not applied for SSD please do it today.

Any evide3nce of not being able to work should be sent to VA as soon as possible.

Good Luck the heavy lifting is done but still work to do on your claim.

You did very well with your claim.

By all means , as Pete said, apply for SSDI if you meet their work credit criteria and any other criteria in this link:

http://www.socialsecurity-disability.org/content/about-ssdi?gclid=CK76nuDCgq4CFUlN4AodwTbh4A

You can begin the SSDI process on line.

I recieved a yellow envelope from the San Diego, CA RO. In it was my award letter showing my award for increased evaluation and new claims.

INCREASED EVALUATION TO 80%

1. Major depressive disorder and generalized anxiety disorder - 70%

2. Allergic rhinitis - 10%

3. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Right - 10% (continued)

4. Patellafemoral pain syndrome, Left - 10% (continued)

5. Left shoulder tendinitis - DEFERRED

6. Entitlement to Individual Unemployability - DEFERRED

*Both backdated to Aug. 24, 2010

7. Left elbow strain - denied

8. Left wrist sprain - denied

9. Left Achilles tendinitis- denied

*denied because the above mentioned items are not "CHRONIC". "A disability which began in service or was caused by some event in service must be considered "Chronic" before service connection can be granted. Although there is record of treatment in service.... There is no evidence of continuity fo treatment from the date of discharge from active duty to present."

They didnt pay for my dependents on this RETRO, but I already sent in my forms to update my records and can see they are working on it on ebenefits.

They put in the claim for IU on their own, does this mean it has a higher probability that it will be approved?

xpertshot

San Diego, CA

What all exactly, does the rating decision state regarding IU ?

carlie

Great news...Congrats! To answer your question about locating Social Security Disability info, this may help:

Hadit has a great deal of info from vets going through the process...Scroll down in the Forums and under the "Extras" header click on "Social Security Disability Questions".

Also...I found another website very useful for picking up good info: Veterans Benefits Network. Here's a link below...

http://vets.yuku.com/forums/69/Vet-Social-Security-Issues-SSDI-SSI

Good Luck and hope this can help you out. Going through the process myself...takes a lot of patience and determination to keep trying as it is in many ways similar to dealing with the VA.

LC

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use