Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

Just a little information I found while preparing my claim last January. US Veterans Compensation Programs has some very good examples of stressor letters. Once you are at the site, check the drop down on the left about two-thirds down.

Three sections to the format: Life Before Military Service: Life During Military Servive and Life After Military Service. Helpful for all PTSD claims including PTSD/MST.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

they know ALL. I was in a residential treatment program, anf they have everything since the day I was born, and have been using it against me with liberty. A stressor letter will only re, remind them of my shitty life.

FACT. They took me and my shitty life and None of it was an issue.my vso says theres a new law/rule saying that they cannot hold pre-service anything against you, as they accepted you at 100%. My messed up life was my reaction to a shitty,( parents dead at 8, raised in foster homes)yet I managed to be able to get a background done and accepted into an even shittier life.

What can I say, thanks for you opinion. I can only give them what I have, cant lie. Mystic

Edited by mysticcherokee usn vet

Tehy already have a 15 page letter of me bellyachin bout my life, before during after. My life has been messed up since the day I was born. Mystic

Well the VBA has no responsibility or liability for that part.

THESE ARE TOUGH. The very stuff that pses me off the most, Im reading it and crying, they say such awful things......Then realize its the bad things they say about me in the military that will help me prove, I had ptsd goin o then and even the shrinks missed it.

THIS IS TOO HARD! Dont want to llok at it, or touch it even. Mystic

I know the feeling....it IS tough reading and reliving. But once its done, you will feel better. Think of it as your redemption. Try working on it a little each day. When it gets to be too much put it aside and take a break.....

VA Form 21-0781a Statement In Support Of Claim For Service Connection For Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) Secondary To Personal Assault

This is the form I used for my stressor letter.

Edited by #1Cavtrooper