VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

#1Cavtrooper

Question

Just a little information I found while preparing my claim last January. US Veterans Compensation Programs has some very good examples of stressor letters. Once you are at the site, check the drop down on the left about two-thirds down.

Three sections to the format: Life Before Military Service: Life During Military Servive and Life After Military Service. Helpful for all PTSD claims including PTSD/MST.

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

HEY GF! I checked out that awesome link Thats some good stuff!

I hope you dont mind, but I'm gonna add the link here, so yall can just click it and voi la! Be THERE! Hugs to ya lady, you are so very helpful and a dear , nice person. I wish they made more like YOU!

Hey if wishes were chocolates wed all have to think outside the box, eh! ROFL! Mystic

ALMOST FORGOT:

http://www.veteranprograms.com/index.html

Tehy already have a 15 page letter of me bellyachin bout my life, before during after. My life has been messed up since the day I was born. No warm and fuzzies here. the military was just worse. I was on my own and the Militry forced me into situations I got myself in trouble and they sure as hell had a lot to do with that. I cant write stressor letter/no way no how. Mystic

• HadIt.com Elder

It is best not to mention any "prior to military service" problems, as the VA will pick up on those and deny any claims they can, even tho they may have nothing to do w/a current condition but that's just the way it is. If the VA requires a stressor letter, you should do one, or possibly lose your claim. It may be something that needs to be written over multiple sittings, due to the stress it brings w/it, but not doing it will only hurt your claim. jmo

pr