Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Nod For Eed For Dmii Denied

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I just received notification that my NOD for an EED for DMII was denied. The main reason was that after I was initially denied for DMII, I did not appeal within 1 year. I missed the deadline by a month and a half (does not matter). I then ask them to re-open the claim, and they did and granted me 20%, but made the effective date the date the claim was re-opened 8-28-08. In their denial they are saying that my earliest Dx was May 2006. I honestly thought that when I first put in a claim for DMII, they would test me. Wrong. I'm more upset with myself, but it really gets me that they take over 2 years for something like this. To tell me that I missed a deadline. Yes, I'm a Vietnam Vet. Does or would Nehmer play a role in my case?

Papa

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta,

I can scan and post. Will do later, but I am wondering if I should let my Lawyers handle this? Or, if they would just ignore something like this. My Lawyers are (Kazmierczak & Kazmierczak).

Papa

I think you should raise this issue with your lawyers.

I almost hired K and K for my CUE claim but changed my mind.

They certainly seemed up on CUE however in their correspondence to me.

Changing my mind on having their POA had nothing to be with their expertise.They are good lawyers.

They are handling a CUE issue for John 999 here at hadit.

• HadIt.com Elder

Papa

What exactly are k&K representing you for? If the Nehmer cases has nothing to do with your K&K issues then I would contact the Nehmer class action lawyers and try and get the eed for DMII. The class action is really not part of your claim with K&K, but you could let them know and let them know what you are going to do. I filed a CUE claim while I was being represented by K&K that had nothing to do with the case they were representing me for. There were no fallout.

Berta,

I can scan and attach, but it goes over the 2MB limit. Do you know a way to overcome this?

Papa

Gee No I dont.http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VABeginsReview.htm

You can contact NVLSP via the email in this above link:

Berta,

You go to your personal settings, and under manage attachments, you can delete old attachments. Even though I did this, my scan is still to large, 17 pages and 44 pages. So I will need to find away to reduce this.

Papa