Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Ao Ihd Question

Rate this question

AFButch

Question

Just curious if anyone made it through the claim process without going to one of "their" doctors? My claim is 5 months old and is now in Notification Phase. I did submit much medical supporting docs with the claim. My doc did the IHD questionaire. But, no doctor appt was assigned. Today the 800 number told me that although once in the Notification Phase mine will take a little longer than the usual 5 days because they have to look at everything again and make sure their work is correct. I had listed things on the claim that I THOUGHT was just part of the IHD... heart attack, bypass, continued chest pains, etc.... all that has to be re-reviewed. Just wondering why no doctor appt by the VA?????

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Fast Track requested my Cardiologist to complete VA Form 21-0960A-1 (for IHD) which he did and Fast Track acknowledged the receipt of it. It is now 3/20/2012, waiting for some action on the Notification Phase of my claim of 2/28/2012, almost a month now. That is all we can do, WAIT .. LOL .. My condition is pretty set, having had bypass, heart attack resulting in a stent which has since failed and have a future bypass to deal with. My IHD goes back years but this my only claim, so it is new claim... 10/2011. Yes, boots on the ground VN back in the 60s.

Not having ebenefits or any representation, I am sending power of attorney to the Portland, OR Office Disabled American Vets... they tell me that they can keep me better informed once they receive the Power Of Attorney. We will see. Anyone have any ideas about the DAV????? I thought it might be good to have them involved for any possible future action I may need to take. Seems I needed to do this so the Oregon group can help. (I discharged in California and now live in Oregon.)

The 800 number needs some serious review, I actually think some of the operators intentionally put you off hoping that telling you it will be 70 + days (when it is likely that it won't be) just hoping that you will not call back. I have also had some very positive conversations with operators who seemed to be attempting to assist. I do know, you really best not count on much that they do share with you. I was very excited when my claim moved to Notification Phase but have come to the realization that that excitement was WAY premature and doing so only sets the stage for disappointment. You could say, I am now "seasoned" just not fully developed in this process.

I use the DAV here in Fort Walton Beach FL. The ones here are excellent and answer all my questions and help with submitting the needed paperwork. It's a good Idea to use the DAV IMHO. I to am waiting for AO things to work thru. Filed 6 Jun 11, Mine is still in gathering evidence!!!!!!!

Fast Track requested my Cardiologist to complete VA Form 21-0960A-1 (for IHD) which he did and Fast Track acknowledged the receipt of it. It is now 3/20/2012, waiting for some action on the Notification Phase of my claim of 2/28/2012, almost a month now. That is all we can do, WAIT .. LOL .. My condition is pretty set, having had bypass, heart attack resulting in a stent which has since failed and have a future bypass to deal with. My IHD goes back years but this my only claim, so it is new claim... 10/2011. Yes, boots on the ground VN back in the 60s.

Not having ebenefits or any representation, I am sending power of attorney to the Portland, OR Office Disabled American Vets... they tell me that they can keep me better informed once they receive the Power Of Attorney. We will see. Anyone have any ideas about the DAV????? I thought it might be good to have them involved for any possible future action I may need to take. Seems I needed to do this so the Oregon group can help. (I discharged in California and now live in Oregon.)

The 800 number needs some serious review, I actually think some of the operators intentionally put you off hoping that telling you it will be 70 + days (when it is likely that it won't be) just hoping that you will not call back. I have also had some very positive conversations with operators who seemed to be attempting to assist. I do know, you really best not count on much that they do share with you. I was very excited when my claim moved to Notification Phase but have come to the realization that that excitement was WAY premature and doing so only sets the stage for disappointment. You could say, I am now "seasoned" just not fully developed in this process.

AFbutch,

Yes, the 800 number needs alot of work, but it's the only direct line of communication you have until you get E-benefit. The DAV is good as long as guy that is helping you is responsible, it could be no worst than the 800 number, You and only you can make that choice! The VSO guy I had at the VA Hospital was great, when he was there. Sometime he was just like the 800 number. He first told me file for PC, DMII and not the IHD. But i was lucky, VA saw thru my other Doctor's files that I had a small heart attack. The VSO guy said if you file for to much it. It might take longer. Once VA saw that had a IHD took them 5 months to award IHD. They might just go off your Doctor's record, but I doubt it. At the VA hospital I went to, these doctor good. Notification phase is good, if it does not come back like you want it. Refile again, until they get it right. Never give up! Thats ordersmile.png !

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Good ole 800 number told me that my case closed Monday (this is Wednesday). Nutten in the bank and no letter YET so won't post it to success YET. I did not have the common C&P but have NO idea if that is a good or a bad thing.... should know in the next few days.

As my mother aways said, God only know's!

It will be soon, you hang in there!!

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"

Just wondering why no doctor appt by the VA?????

My husband filed for IHD 10 mos. ago by Fast Track (which is a laugh).

He received a rating 2 wks. ago of 60% A few days later we got a call

from a private contracted Dr. for a C&P examine, ordered EKG, Echo, and X-rays.

I was perplexed at the rating coming before the exam. Seems like from several

post here that is becoming the norm. Leave it to them to do things backward.

Hope our exam comes out as good, if not better than the original rating.