carlie

Question

http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=2272

Public and Intergovernmental Affairs

VA Announces New Primary Care Clinic in Tampa

March 2, 2012

Printable Version

Need Viewer Software?

WASHINGTON – A new primary care clinic for patients of the Department of Veterans Affairs in Tampa has moved closer to reality.

On Feb. 15, VA officials awarded a contract to Duke Realty of Indianapolis to build a 106,000-square-foot facility at Hidden River Corporate Park. Once the facility is built, VA will rent space from the contractor.

“This new facility will ensure that Tampa’s Veterans continue to have world-class medical care that they’ve earned through their service to our Nation,” said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Eric K. Shinseki.

The project, scheduled for completion in 2014, calls for a two-story building with primary care services now provided by the James A. Haley VA Medical Center. The contract includes 826 parking spaces and will create 320 construction jobs.

The clinic, which is located four miles from the Haley medical center, will provide primary care services for over 87,000 Veterans in Pasco, Polk, Hernando and Hillsborough counties.

Carlie passed away in November 2015 she is missed.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was told they were going to build one in South Tampa at the old Ft Homer Hesterly. Then I was told there was no money in the budget by out great Senator Bill Nelson. We are very much underserved in my part of town since we cannot use MacDill AFB.

John

Great care provided by students, interns, and what ever bottom of the bucket employees the VA can find.

One of our local care VA clinics in my area is staffed from out of state interns from a local college. My first mistake was calling one of them a doctor because she had on a white coat.

Usually the VA pays their employees much lower than they can get elsewhere. However, the VA does get an E for effort in attempting to provide better care.

It is up the Veteran to decide whether or not they want those services.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA also provides a place for old doctors to go to die. It is like the elephant's graveyard for M.D.'s.

The head of the mental health dept. at Tampa VAMC is about 80 or maybe older. He still believes mental illness is caused by demons and witchcraft.

So true! The doctor-(probably PA) that did my last rating exam was also about 80. He had a hard time reading the charts, WHen he got up and almost fell over, I was wondering who is the one disabled here? Perhaps I should have been the one giving him the comp exam instead! biggrin.png