Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Not Sure What To Do

Rate this question

scotts133

Question

Greetings,

I hope someone can provide some guidance as to what I should do.

I am a veteran of 1 tour in OIF and 2 tours OEF with the Army. I started my VA claim under the "quick start" claims process while conducting out processing from the Army. My ETS date was Sept 1, 2011 and my claim date is Sept 2, 2011.

I recently called the VA to check on the status of my claim and I was told "This is strange, it looks like nothing has been done with your claim since September." The VA representative followed this statement up with "I am going to start an inquiry." About 2 weeks went by and I got an email from a VA representative that states "Your claim is being removed from the quick start program and transferred to a regional office due to non availability for exams."

What is frustrating is the VA never tried to set up an exam as I never received a letter or telephone call to schedule an exam. I waited 6 months with no activity on my claim only to now be told they were removing it from the quick claims process.

I do not know what to do.....how do I get an exam scheduled? Can someone help? The regional office my claim was transferred to is St. Petersburg, Florida.

Thanks,

Scott

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to the most discombobulated ball dropping ordeal anyone can ever deal with.

I hate to hear that they say you missed exams,.

Call your senator and congressman and raise total hell.

Tell them you are unaware of any freaking exams and they are deliberate

Then get a good service officer and hold on for the ride.

Basser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.