Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Gathering Of Evidence

Rate this question

StreetWalker

Question

My claim has been at the "gathering of evidence" stage for months now.  Claim filed 4/29/11.  Getting close to a month old.

I will be older and grayer before this thing gets settled.This is for "residuals of herniated nucleus pulposus with laminectomy at L5-S1 (Increase)"

Edited by StreetWalker

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Evidence is the most important factor in a VA claim. If you have good evidence that is well documented in his SMR's that he was injured in service they getting SC is usually pretty easy. The rate of disability may be hard and the exact effective date may be something to fight over but at least you get your SC.

Hope this is not a downer, but I was stuck in gathering evidence for 24 months. They had the letter that I had no more evidence, I'm finally in preparing for decision, but should they not be doing this since the claim was initiated. I was just wondering what happens to claims on raters desk, that have retired, transferred, quit, etc. My guess is that they just lay there and lay there. One more reason could be is that they just do not care. Hope you get good news.

Papa