Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yearly Ptsd Examinations

Rate this question

Papa

Question

I really need some help and advice. Back in Oct 2010, I was informed by the VA that I was to go to Doctor so and so to be examined. There was no indication that this was a yearly exam, or any other reason, in fact, it looked like the paper work for the first exam. On the first exam I got 30%, but the exam was only 10-15 minutes long. He wanted to get to some higher paying clientstongue.png . On the second examination the Doctor took more time with me, and the report is a lot worse then the first. Now, my Lawyer said that I may have requested an increase, but the VA nor myself has any paper work to back up that statement. Now, it appears the VA got the second report, filed it away, never looked at it, and they admit they really do not know why I was sent to the exam. But, they are going to find out from the Houston RO. I will hold my breathe. I most likely should have filed an appeal, but isn't the VA obligated to review these reports, and I thought according to the Regs, they are suppose to file for you. I think I may have really hurt myself again.

Papa

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

"but isn't the VA obligated to review these reports, and I thought according to the Regs, they are suppose to file for you. I think I may have really hurt myself again."

The VA can look at them but they can not reopen your claim.

There are only special cases where the VA will open a claim. When a new presumptive is added to AO, fraud is found in a claim, and the veteran does not report for a follow-up C&P or send in the income report for IU claim. They then will propose to reduce the award.

James A. Bunker

Executive Director

National Gulf War Resource Center

Phone: 785-925-9887

Email: Do not post your email address.

Join us on Facebook