Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Army Records

Rate this question



  • HadIt.com Elder

I was treated for about 5 months by a psychiatrist at Hunter AAF in Georgia in 1971 just before I was discharged. I cannot find these records. When I send in information requests to HAAF I am told all records would be at St Louis. St Louis says they have no records. The shrink I say did say at my proposed court marshall that I had some mental problems. My military lawyer told me to just take the 635-212 because if I did not I would probably get jail plus bad conduct discharge. The only crime I committed was to deman help and tell some 1st Lt. that I was not leaving his office until I got it. I was arrested and charged with disobeying a direct order. The medical records from HAAF would show that I was on anti-psychotic meds and was pretty much out of my head. How do I find these records if they exist. I was in hospital for two weeks for some sort of lung condition and that disappeared as well at Ft Lenardwood.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

John, It may be that they where destroyed in the 1973 fire in St. Louis. Have you tried the National Archieves? Ancestory.com sometimes has that info, but cost, and you find kin folk you don't want to find. Also, have you tried the National Personnel Center here in San Antonio, it might be for the Air Force, but the Army would have one also.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder

John here's a link to Winn Army Community Hospital http://www.winn.amedd.army.mil/

Contact them and check. Generally all in-patient hospital records are kept at the NPRC in St Louis, MO. In-patient records are not kept with individual personnel medical records but are kept w/the archived hospital records. Check w/the NPRC again, under the hospital's records.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use