Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yea - Just Got Word

Rate this topic

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie,

You are right in just letting it go, you did what you do in helping this Vet. What occurs after is not something you can do anything about.

A few years ago I had a former co-worker and (friend) get himself into a mess with his employer the gubermint. He had been hurt and on OWCP, he screwed the pooch and without going into details I agreed to try and fix the situation.

After 3 years of hearings through MSPB, EEOC and the Federal Circuit along with ECAB on the OWCP issue, he finally won......the agency offered his job back, he refused (WTH), OWCP finally was forced to accept the claim with 5 years backpay...He was down with that, and I have not heard from him since he got his money.

I saw his wife recently and was given such a BS story as why he has never called me again, it was comical that she stated that he again needed my help as OWCP was messing with him............I told her to tell DH, best of luck, but no thanks as that was more thanks than I got in the end.

Just let it go!

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I want to know where I can get 5% on 100,000 with no risk. Five years ago I could have got, but not now unless I want to buy an overseas bond but that has risk. When I get worried about not getting enough interest or dividends I call my brother the world's cheapest man. The thing is he is usually right so I used to give him advice and now I try and get advice from him. Sometimes the best thing is just sit on the money and do nothing.

John

WOW. Very ungreatful. What a shame. So many people who are looking to just make end meet, what a slap in the face that is to go out and buy a truck? Depreciates the minute you drive it off the lot....You are right about her being broke. All I can say is, I hope the one bad apple doesn't sour the bunch for you. I know as a newbie here your input, and that of the other senior members has been invaluable to me.

I would just withdraw your input and let her know honestly how you feel. Maybe she doesn't have anyone offering her sound advice regarding the $? It will eat at you unless you confront it. You've certainly earned a say-so here. IMHO

1 John 4:9

Yeah thats is real ****** up I know plenty of people who would greatly apporciate help and a nice check me being inculded and like someone else said I would pay off my house and then what other bills I could not a damn truck WOW! but really dont let it eat you up just confront that person with how you feel and then say the hell with them and move on.

Carlie, try not to be too upset...we can help people, but we cannot make decesions for them, as much as we would like to sometimes. You did a great service for this person as well as countless others here on Hadit.com and I for one appreciate your help. I belong to a 12 step program and learned long ago that I can help others and try to steer them on the right path; if they take it, fine if they don't, that's their choice, not my fault. Remember, you can lead a horse to water, but you can' make him drink.

Peace to all

Buddy

Carlie,

I am going to echo what others have said, you seem like a real sweetheart, and that person was blessed to have you. I wish that I had the help you have given, it certainly would have been appreciated. I can't wait now until I get my retro, since my claim has been completed. I know the first thing I am going to do is get caught up with my mortgage, hopefully it will come while I still need it for such!

Don't let one ungrateful person weigh on your mind, there are far too many others that are appreciative. Sounds a lot like being a in leadership position doesn't it?!!

Take care

Donna

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use