VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Happens To Deffered Claims After The Award Is Closed Out?

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I am in need of a few answers that have me stumped. I just got a favorable descion back on my claim I got 100% P&T but the other issues were deffered for further work. The issues are tendonitis, aid and attendance, Migraines I was sure I had provided all the evidence they needed. The letter also said the education part Chapter 18 benefits were deffered I am sure it is also something I need to send it

I filled out the kids school information and sent in the forms they asked to fill ot along with some surgical notes the VA needed so I guess I am done for a while. I was so used to sitting on this truckload of stress the silence and the nervous energy I used to deal with all of the time it is like somebody moved out on me. Kind of creepy around here but it is a lot better than it was

I am wondering as well if there is a time limit when the VA will go back and look at these other issues? Reason I ask I am moving here this fall out west and once I figure where I will end up I will let my VARO know.

I appriciate all the advice and help you could offer I should not worry about stuff I have no control over but I worry when I have to interact with the VA. Thanks have a good day

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

What makes you say that "The Award Is Closed Out"? What does your Rating Decision state? Does it specifically state that issue ________, issue ________, issue _______, etc., are deferred for ______ ?

As for the timeline .... prolly less than a new claim would take but more than you'd like. If you do move before all issues are decided, MAKE SURE THAT THE VA REGIONAL OFFICE HANDLING YOUR CLAIM HAS AN ADDRESS IF THEY NEED TO SEND YOU LETTERS!!! You can also provide a cellphone number, but I'd guess that relatively few attempts to contact anyone by phone are made.

Hello I am in need of a few answers that have me stumped. I just got a favorable descion back on my claim I got 100% P&T but the other issues were deffered for further work. The issues are tendonitis, aid and attendance, Migraines I was sure I had provided all the evidence they needed. The letter also said the education part Chapter 18 benefits were deffered I am sure it is also something I need to send it

I filled out the kids school information and sent in the forms they asked to fill ot along with some surgical notes the VA needed so I guess I am done for a while. I was so used to sitting on this truckload of stress the silence and the nervous energy I used to deal with all of the time it is like somebody moved out on me. Kind of creepy around here but it is a lot better than it was

I am wondering as well if there is a time limit when the VA will go back and look at these other issues? Reason I ask I am moving here this fall out west and once I figure where I will end up I will let my VARO know.

I appriciate all the advice and help you could offer I should not worry about stuff I have no control over but I worry when I have to interact with the VA. Thanks have a good day

Once you reach 100% P&T, you max out monies and benifit's that you can get.

Only other money can get is SMC for loss of creative organ, or something like that.

These other claim's I would still go after!