Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Noise Aversion

Rate this question

jjrbus

Question

I am 50% PTSD and 30% GSW total 80%. I also suffer from tinitus but have not pursued it. Not sure if I am in right forum for this? But since Viet Nam I have not liked loud noise, music, machinery, motorcycles, crowds of people, anything loud. I have mentioned this at the VA but nothing was done about it except a hearing test.

Now I find out on the internet it is a medical condition, noise aversion or misophonia. I seem to have level 8 misophonia. Is this connected to being a Viet Nam Vet in any way?

JIm

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I am 50% PTSD and 30% GSW total 80%. I also suffer from tinitus but have not pursued it. Not sure if I am in right forum for this? But since Viet Nam I have not liked loud noise, music, machinery, motorcycles, crowds of people, anything loud. I have mentioned this at the VA but nothing was done about it except a hearing test.

Now I find out on the internet it is a medical condition, noise aversion or misophonia. I seem to have level 8 misophonia. Is this connected to being a Viet Nam Vet in any way?

JIm

I do not find this condition to be service connectable in any of the DC's or BVA cases.

I had C&P for tinitus twice, but they found nothing wrong with hearing. There is nothing wrong with my hearing, but ears ring very loud. My outside hearing doctor said it most likely due to Diabetes II. So the tinitus should be secondary to DMII!

I had the same problem. I went to the Dr at VA and the referred me to the hearing clinic.

There is a Swim Plug you can ask for that works very well for reducing sound levels. I wear it all day long and when I sleep, It has helped immensely

Please try it ,you nothing to loose

A hearing aid company makes a custom mold of your ear, tell them you want it to go as deeply as possible

Good Luck

RP