VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Completion Date

Rate this question

LIL-ROB

Question

The completion date that i explain to the RO guy thats on ebenefits.He said is not true because it can take up to 7yrs or longer on appeal. Talk about backlog .....errr

• Answers 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Carlie,

Below, is mine that I copied from Ebenefits. Your right, it can be changed at anytime. Last week, I had a completion date of 11/23/2010!! They added the 01/23/2012, this past Monday. You would have thought they would have at least made it to Aug 2012.

Papa

I really don't know whether to laugh or cry. This is what the VA puts in Ebenefits. This is an estimated completion date, please note, they are somewhat late.

Claim Received: 02/16/2010

Claim Type: Compensation

Original Estimated Claim Completion Date: 11/23/2010 to 01/23/2012

Your claim is being processed by the Regional Office. We generally process claims in the order received. We recognize that your claim has exceeded the projected completion date and remain committed to completing our review as quickly and accurately as possible. Thank you for your patience.

mine just changed from may2013 to oct2012. I have a dependant claim (son turned 18 but in school) that they say will take 11 months to process:()

Hubby's claim just went from 08/01/2012 to 08/15/2012 as the earliest completion date, and the latest completion dated has now been changed from 10/19/2013 up to 3/29/2013. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the 'completion' date. As most of you know, you are never really complete with the VA because they either don't decide your claim properly, cheat you out of retro, won't pay you for dependents, or try to re-examine you to cheat you out of your pay.

I'm really beginning to believe, as far as completion dates on ebenefits goes, that Peggy has taken over inputting data (dates) into ebenefits just to screw with us. I'm figuring sooner or later somebody will look to see their completion date and it will read the truth = we'll get to it..... when we can get to it - when you see the envelope in your mailbox you'll know your claim is complete.

For those that are not familiar with Peggy: http://youtu.be/GRLwKw9up3s

For those that are not familiar with Peggy: http://youtu.be/GRLwKw9up3s

This should be posted somewhere, like the help section on how to use the forums. I've been reading on here for a few weeks and could never figure out who "Peggy" was. I finally did a search on "Peggy" and after reading many of the results, came upon this thread that finally explained who she was. I had figured she must be an important and very overworked VA rep. LOL