VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Houston.........we've Got A Problem? Not No More!

Rate this topic

#1Cavtrooper

I spoke to the 1800 827 # and they are sending my letter for commissary privileges to get my ID card from a military installation. I need to go to Killeen area anyways, so I will probably go to Ft. Hood. I used to be staioned there in 1st Cavalry Division. Things are beginning to fall into place......

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke to the 1800 827 # and they are sending my letter for commissary privileges to get my ID card from a military installation. I need to go to Killeen area anyways, so I will probably go to Ft. Hood. I used to be staioned there in 1st Cavalry Division. Things are beginning to fall into place......

cav,

Some specifics are applicable.

ET - phone home.

carlie

Congratulations on your award!

When we went to get our ID cards we had to have an appointment, so you may want to check on that.

Thanks for your service,

VetswifeIndy

• HadIt.com Elder

The "Decal" is more or less a thing of the past at most bases!

For the ID card - DD214/Discharge/VA award letter, and info shown on the obsolete ID request form supplied with the VA letter, and award paperwork.

If you are married, your spouse's information, "certified" marriage record/license, etc.

Some form of picture ID, preferably two. (Current Passport, drivers license, etc.)

The "Department Of Defense/Uniformed Services" Identification and Privilege Card

Has an "Authorized Patronage" Box. Entries in the box should be Exchange, Commissary, MWR

Your state/county may have additional benefits such as reduced taxs , free licenses, etc.

In some cases, to obtain "raised seal" certified records -

You can go to a county clerk's office register the documents, and get a "certified copy",

in many cases, for nothing.

Thank you for the reply's.... it will finally be a realization when I go to get my ID card and the retro hits the bank! BTW what, in particular do I need to take with me to get my decal and ID card?

@ Carlie.... thnx I just checked with my bank and my retro is coming across tonight!

YIPPEE . . . YIPPEE . . . YIPPEE . . . YIPPEE . . . YIPPEE . . . WAHOO

Click her.

post-60-0-17291500-1349840038_thumb.gif

And check your PM section.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use