VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Houston.........we've Got A Problem? Not No More!

Rate this topic

#1Cavtrooper

Well, today I went to the Post Office, (not knowing that they Just started closing on Saturdays. I did so because my claim closed on 10/4/2012. (Thursday). The clerk was there and she handed me my Big Brown Envelope through the side window. (Oh how I love our Deep East Texas hospitality!) Most anywhere else and they would tell me to wait until Tuesday..... Previosly on this initial claim, In May I was awarded PTSD 70% and Right Shoulder 20%. The four deferred items were Lower Back, Cervical Spine, Headaches and IU. Here's what I am awarded on these deferred items: Cervical Spine: 20% for Degenerative Disc Disease, Cervical Spine with spondylosis and intervertebral disc syndrome(claimed as cervical spine). Also 20% for: Radiculopathy, Left Upper Extremity involving C5-C8/T1 radicular Nerve Roots associated with Degenerative Disc Disease, Cervical Spine with Spondylosis and Intervertebral Disc Syndrome (claimed as cervical spine). And 20% for Radiculopathy, Right Upper Extremity involving C5-C8/T1 radicular nerve roots associated with Degenerative Disc Disease, Cervical Spine with Spondylosis and IVDS (see above). And 10% for Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spine with Spondylosis (claime as back condition). Headaches was 0%. Entitlement to Individual Unemployability is granted effective January 28, 2011. Basic eligibility to Dependents' Educational Assistance is established from January 28, 2011. We determined that the following service connected disability hasn't changed: Ptsd, Major Depressive Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Disorder, and alcohol abuse in sustained remission. Percent (%) assigned 70%. We review the evidence and determined your service connected condition hasn't increased in severity sufficiently to warrant a higher evaluation. Your overall or combined rating is 90% from January 28, 2011. I went from nothing to this in 20 months on my initial claim amd I am satisfied with the outcome. Thanks for all the good info as I was better able to understand the claims process by researching this sight and from reading posts. Now time to CELEBRATE!!!

Edited by #1Cavtrooper

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will add that the 100% is permanent and total (P/T). the following statement from my award packet: Va has awarded you total disability compensation because your service connected disability (ies) keep you from working full-time.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use