VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Form 21-686C Dependent Status

Rate this question

Kray

Question

I hope this is the correct place to post these three questions.

1. How long does it take to get Dependent Status to be added to the Claim. I filed form 21-686c on July 23, 2012 and have not heard anything?

2. How do I know if they have received the filed form 21-686c?

3. Is there a phone number you can call to be sure?

Other Facts to Share with the Forum that might help others:

First filed for CAD in Oct 2010 and Waived military retirement for VA disabilty.

Signed up for Fast Track. No action on my claim so I called them in Feb 2012 in an attempt to get it moving.

Approved for 10% CAD for Agent Orange in March 2012, approved back to August 2010. Got first check from VA in April 2012 .

Had C&P exam at VA in April 2012.

Approved for 30% CAD for Agent Orange in July 2012 back to August 2010 and got increase in VA check in August 2012

Approved for CRSC in late August 2012 back to September 1, 2010, receive first monthly check from CRSC on Oct 1, 2012.

Called CRSC today and advised will receive check from CRSC in about two weeks and from VA Audit in about 60 days for back pay to 2010.

I was advised by the VA that my other claims for ailments not on AO list was just sent forward two weeks ago. My guess they will be disaaproved since not connected to AO and unable to obtain any military records. We will see.

I did all of this on my own except for asking some questions on this forum and doing some reading. I thank all of you for your help.

Ken

Edited by Kray

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I hope this is the correct place to post these three questions.

1. How long does it take to get Dependent Status to be added to the Claim. I filed form 21-686c on July 23, 2012 and have not heard anything?

There is no timeline - it varies with each different claimant -

it happens, when it happens.

2. How do I know if they have received the filed form 21-686c?

How did you go about submitting it ?

Through the mail with RRR, on line, with a VSO or in person at your VARO?

3. Is there a phone number you can call to be sure?

You can submit an iris question request

or call the 800 number, either way you might get a correct

or incorrect answer.

You could ask VBA for confirmation of the above, by USPS.

Kray, when you filed 21-868c, you have to file a copy of your wife SS card and a letter from the SS office that proving she is who she is!!

That's what they required from me and it was about 8 months to get back pay to the orginal date of filing!smile.png

Kray, when you filed 21-868c, you have to file a copy of your wife SS card and a letter from the SS office that proving she is who she is!!

That's what they required from me and it was about 8 months to get back pay to the orginal date of filing!smile.png

Just like to clarify by posting the claimant needs to submit EVERYTHING that is requested

on the 21-868c form for dependents.

This might include SSA numbers, copy of marriage license/s, finalized divorce papers,

birth certificates, etc...

Just like to clarify by posting the claimant needs to submit EVERYTHING that is requested

on the 21-868c form for dependents.

This might include SSA numbers, copy of marriage license/s, finalized divorce papers,

birth certificates, etc...

Carlie, Thank you for carify, but they did not ask for divorce papers and since she had SS card they did not require Birth certificate.

Carlie, Thank you for carify, but they did not ask for divorce papers and since she had SS card they did not require Birth certificate.

In my situation, they assumed my wife and I were divorced and my three boys died. I had originally sent in all the necessaries when I went to my VSO. Two and half years later, they granted the claim that put me at the 30% mark, made their assumptions, and made me refile all my stuff "...just to be sure..." still waiting almost a year later. Hopefully it will be soon...

Sgt. Wilky