• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

buckeye46

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Everyone!

UMM... well I have one more to add to the list. When Bin Laden was killed I bought a newspaper and have had it displayed @ work. A reminder of 10 years of my life. So when I heard the President was going to be in the area for a speach I called his campaign headquarters in my state and explained being a disabled veteran and being in the military during Sept. 11th. Well I asked if they could ask the president to sign my newspaper (Which is a huge deal for me). They said that they will give the paper to him to be signed and also gave me VIP tickets to his event. So I am walking on clouds right now and so is my fiance.

Thank you everyone, and if you are ever in nh stop by Benson Park and view the 911 memorial. My Fiance and I bring the red and white roses every year (one for each year since 911)and put them next to the beam. It is very moving with a very large piece of steel from the world trade center. (I think there is a fb page hudson, nh 911 memorial)

Hi everyone,

In the last year and a half I consider myself very blessed... Approved for 70% disability, Approved for Voc Rehab (Haven't started yet), Approved for TSGLI, Started a steady job and was promoted (VA Call Center), Refinanced the house yesterday, and got engaged. I would like to thank Hadit for helping me get back on my feet and having this great resource available for all vets! My hat is off to all of you!!

Wow! Sounds like a near Grand Slam! Congratulations on your claim, and on the engagement. Smart move taking advantage of the lower interest rates on mortgages. Good luck to you, and thanks for your service.

Mark

Wow WOW! Went to the presidential event with the fiance. We were 10' from the president about 3 standing rows back watched the speach and both of us were able to shake the presidents hand. I thanked him for helping disabled veterans, He asked are you a veteran? I said yes and he shook my hand a second time with a gift. I put the gift in my pocket and as we were leaving i took a look. It was a presidential Challenge coin!!

Havent heard about the paper but I think this is the best grand slam out there! I have been walking on air for a few days now and have a renewed spirit of possibilities. Thanks everyone things are now really looking up!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations Sox and the soon to be Mrs Sox.

In life bad things happen to us all, we can try and pity ourselves or fight through it for a better day to come.You certainly have fought through it and ended up walking on sunshine........you will always remember the fight, never to let yourself forget the journey that led to this point, and never let yourself lose the feeling you now have.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use