Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Awarded

Rate this topic

drake2b

Congrats Jerry, but take John's advice. It seems like 30% is the VA's magic number for AO claims.

Papa

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Jerry,

It is important to check you C&P exam and medical records from your non-VA doctor (assuming you had one) and compare those against the rating schedule to be sure they havent low balled you!

Best regards,

Jerry, Look to see what your Mets were 1-3 Mets is 100%, 3-5 Mets is 60% and the percentage goes down from there, and you feel any worse file for increase right away, Do not wait, I waited 9 years before I ask for an increase and was approved 100% and they told me I should have asked earlier, but would only back pay me from when I filed, so Do not wait!

Congrats,

NJBB62

Received a call this morning from VA informing me that my claim of IHD due to agent orange had

been awarded at 30% compensation. I had filed the claim in mid February of last year, so it took

eleven months from start to finish. I wish to thank everyone that gave me help and advice along

the way.

Thanks,

A2C Jerry McDaniel

RVN 1966-1967

Congratulations on your award! Now that you have been rated 30%, you are authorized to add your spouse (if married) to your claim. The VA will pay you an additional amount for her. Congratulations, once again!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use