Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Awarded

Rate this topic

drake2b

I agree with John, however, when the time comes (if it does) where you need to submit a claim for an increase. Use the medical documentation to support your claim and complete a VA FM 21-526ez. This is a Fully Developed Claim, which are being adjudicated within 90 days.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We received word yesterday, that a claim (VA FM 21--526ez, FDC) submitted to the Louisville VARO on 1-2-2013, was completed on 1-4-2013. This claim was for an increase on a shoulder injury, and the VSO that submitted this claim also included a Disability Benefit Questioneer. That's outstanding!

The DBQ's have been implemented by the VA a couple of years ago but many VSO's and veterans in general, never knew about this form. This DBQ will eliminate the need for a C/P exam which at many VARO's is part of the excess time factor.

Most VARO's have set up a lane system. FDC goes into there own lane. Personally, I have had a great sucess with the FDC. But never heard of a claim being adjudicated that quick.

We were also told that when doing a dependency claim, submit a VA FM 21-526ez with the VA FM 21-686c, these are taking less than a week. Currently, a dependency claim is taking anywhere from 8-14 months, and some VARO's even longer.

Again, I have said this before, the VA really needs to develope a system to prevent any and all claims from going anywhere past the 6 month mark.

Now, if the VA will do something to get the claims in the appeals process to move quicker than pond water!

GREAT MEG!

I sure believe some claims can be decided properly in a heartbeat........

"This DBQ will eliminate the need for a C/P exam which at many VARO's is part of the excess time factor."

The DBQs should be here. I sent one to a friend whose doc filled it out and his VSO questioned where the heck he got it from.....never had heard of these forms before.

On the Nehmer lowball comment ...I sure hope this vet (Jerry)had contacted NVLSP at their contact info I posted here since August 2010.

Another thing. My Nehmer award for my husband went back to 1988. The IHD regs changed since then.

Some of the Nehmer retros went back so far ,they didnt really low ball when they had to use the older and less favorable IHD criteria.

By all means disagree with what you feel is wrong. regarding anything the VA says.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use