Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is 50% Ok

Rate this question

joluby

Question

I received my rating for PTSD at 50% which my be correct but I still have a lingering question about the % due to the statement from my C&P report the I was at a moderate to severe level. Should I let it stand or file to be reconsidered.

Thanks

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you able to work? That is the main difference between 70%-100% for PTSD and 50%. I would think moderate to severe would be 70%, but what was your GAF and do you work?

• HadIt.com Elder

That still puts you into priority group one, No co pays for treatment or medicine.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

With you being able to work and a higher GAF they probably assumed you are 50% impaired...If you have more problems and feel you are more impaired you can always appeal within one year from this decision,,,however you can also risk being reduced too. After a year if you get worse it would be a new claim...

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are working and have a GAF of 60 then 50% for PTSD is a pretty good rating. I don't think you were cheated. I had a GAF of 55 and was DX'ed with bipolar and I got 30%. I was working. When I was no longer able to work I got a GAF of 45 and a rating of 70%. I had to file an appeal to get TDIU even though I was on SSDI. Working if the big divider when it comes to mental health issues. As long as you can work a full time job you won't get 100%. It is even hard to get above 50%.