Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Turned Down For Major Depression, Anxiety, Ptsd, Myotonia Congenita, Recklinghausens Nuerofibromotosis

Rate this question

kowa

Question

" Your condition results in some limitations in your ability to perform work related activities. However, these limitations do not prevent you from performing work you hace done in the past as an Inspector/Surveyor, as normally performed in the national economy. We have determined that your condition is not severe enough to keep you from working. We considered the medical and other information, your age, education, training, and work experience in determining how your condition affects your ability to work.

If your condition gets worse and keeps you from working write, call or visit any Social Security office about filing another application"

First off, I worked and worked until my anxiety 'condition' has gotten so bad it keeps me from working, it's why I filed for SSD. I do not want to leave the house half the time.

I am just at a loss with their reasoning. I have training, education, etc...but it doesn't mean squat when you have an anxiety attack in front of co workers and you go from fast tracking with a company to circus freak/liability. So you get another job while hanging on to the old one before they have a reason to let you go and the same thing happens so you do it again, then you get laid off ( fired really ) for the same issues...I have ran out of those jobs in this town so experience and training mean nothing.

My lawyer wants to file an appeal. I always try to stay positive but am not at all positive at this time.

Any advice? Do I have a chance when I appeal? The dystrophy was just diagnosed 10/12 and I finally had a sleep study done and have sleep apnea to be added to the appeals.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Hell yes appeal. Or request reconsoderation depending on what step you are in,. Get an attorney. If youy are under 55 you will have to go see the ALJ.

That is the way it works.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

Of course, you should appeal. Like John said, it's routine to be denied the first time, w/SSDI. They almost always find something you could do. Their job is not to award you SSDI. Go get 'em!!!!!

Never, ever give up!!!!

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

YES and make sure the SSA knows pof the circumstances you told us of here.

It might be possible to request a Reconsideration instead of appeal but your lawyer will know what route to take there.

"I do not want to leave the house half the time." Have you been diagnosed with agoraphobia?

Definitely fight this.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Follow your lawyers advise and also remember that many have been turned down who stuck with it and won.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.